• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Everton vs. Liverpool

Started by .Rimbo., November 26, 2009, 08:03:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

toffee_scot

What happened to our usually solid defence? It's been months and months since we last kept a clean sheet, in fact it just seems inevitable at the moment that we will concede at least one goal per game.

I heard that Yobo had a falling out with Moyes a couple of months ago.

toffee_scot

cantoffee

Quote from: toffee_scotWhat happened to our usually solid defence? It's been months and months since we last kept a clean sheet, in fact it just seems inevitable at the moment that we will concede at least one goal per game.

I heard that Yobo had a falling out with Moyes a couple of months ago.

Rubbish.

ally2

Quote from: moysies ginner pubesmugged.

and that fucking silly cunt carragher.

just been interviewed and the 1st question was did liverpool deserve to win that 2-0

"errrrrrrrmmmmmm i think maybe we just shaded it"

i turned the telly off then before i put my foot through it.

the best thing about today is the fact liverpool will not even make the europa league this season. woeful side without torres and when gerrard has an off day.

Just heard that too.  Could not believe my ears.

Silas

I least we had pride today!  We would have mauled Hull playing like that!  Yobo could well be dropped next game if Rodwell is fit.
"The thing about football â€" the important thing about football â€" is that it is not just about football."  Terry Pratchett

Sprooly

Liverpools 2 goals were so lucky even with the mistake from yobo for the 2nd still super lucky

Played really well and on another day liverpool wouldnt of got those 2 goals

Cant fault the players they all gave it 110% and most of the players played really well

It was Aston Villa at home last season where we played like we did today but lost and then we went to spurs and won and
we were back and finished 5th, this season 5th will be too hard to get but defs on this form today we should make top 7
Spurs at home Chelski away is it possible to get 4 points?

U need to congratulate liverpool they won they took there chances sort of

on another day those 2 goals wouldnt of went in but they day wasnt today and Liverpool won

When ur in poor form things dont go ur way like today

but well done liverpool

nomorechang

At least we can take something positive away from that game unlike many of our diabolical performances this season .. They were very lucky and if I was there manager I'd be concerned about how much we outplayed virtually all over the park .. One big plus for me was Fellaini's showing today , they had no answer to him , a bit of consistency is all that's needed now

Gumpinio

Quote from: nomorechangAt least we can take something positive away from that game unlike many of our diabolical performances this season .. They were very lucky and if I was there manager I'd be concerned about how much we outplayed virtually all over the park .. One big plus for me was Fellaini's showing today , they had no answer to him , a bit of consistency is all that's needed now

Couldn't agree more.  We can take a lot more positives from this loss than our pervious home draws.  And for once we may avoid the traditional "Fellaini is shit and its all his fault" thread

toffee_scot

Its all very well saying Liverpool were lucky but why on earth did we fail to score and why did we fail to stop the Liverpool goals?

Lord Davy Davy Moyes

Flaming typical , opened up at 2pm today and one of the lads waiting to come in supports Liverpool.I told him I don't want to know the score , not looking at any websites etc.. as I recorded it.

Then at about 3.30pm he starts dancing around , and I got gobby , said thanks for letting me know that you are winning or have won !!

Anyway , I will probably still watch it tonight as it sounds from the comments on here that we have put a performance in and that we have just been unlucky.

Is this match the corner turned for the rest of the season ?
A priest offered a Nun a lift.  
 She got in and crossed her legs, forcing her gown to reveal a leg. The priest nearly had an accident.  
After controlling the car, he stealthily slid his hand up her leg.The nun said, 'Father, remember Psalm 129?' The priest removed his hand. But, changing gears, he let his hand slide up her leg again.The nun once again said, 'Father, remember Psalm 129?' The priest apologized 'Sorry sister but the flesh is weak.' Arriving at the convent, the nun sighed heavily and went on her way.  
 On his arrival at the church, the priest rushed to look up Psalm 129. It said, 'Go forth and seek, further up, you will find glory.'    

Endless, Nameless

Quote from: toffee_scotIts all very well saying Liverpool were lucky but why on earth did we fail to score and why did we fail to stop the Liverpool goals?

Luck and the smallest things. Deflections and tiny lapses in concentration.
The result would have been different under any of thse circumstances: 1.) More luck: Cahill's header had gone in, yobo's deflection had gone ANYWHERE but in the back of the net. 2.) Reina was not concentrating. his saves kept them in it. 3.) We were concentrating all the time: For their second goal we switched off and had Fellaini put his shot ANYWHERE but directly at Reina.
"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute. Set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Bluenose 91

Who did Sky give MOTM by the way?  
Two oat soda\'s Gary.

BlueNosedGibbon

Quote from: Bluenose 91Who did Sky give MOTM by the way?  

I don't know but either Pienaar of Fellaini deserve it.
I can't believe we didn't win that, we outplayed them for most of the game, deserved a draw if not all 3 points, but again we get nothing, one due to a flukey deflection and the other a mistake. It should give us a massive confidence boost for AEK and Spurs, I can see us winning bth games if we perform like that.

Also 1st post.

cad

Quote from: Bluenose 91Who did Sky give MOTM by the way?  

Dunno, I switched the telly off...but it wouldn't surprise me if Reina (or some other RS) got it!!

:toss:
veni veni veni

toffee_scot

Quote from: CallumF73
Quote from: toffee_scotIts all very well saying Liverpool were lucky but why on earth did we fail to score and why did we fail to stop the Liverpool goals?

Luck and the smallest things. Deflections and tiny lapses in concentration.
The result would have been different under any of thse circumstances: 1.) More luck: Cahill's header had gone in, yobo's deflection had gone ANYWHERE but in the back of the net. 2.) Reina was not concentrating. his saves kept them in it. 3.) We were concentrating all the time: For their second goal we switched off and had Fellaini put his shot ANYWHERE but directly at Reina.

Ok but we are in the Premier League which means you can't afford a momentary lapse in concentration especially against a team like Liverpool and despite dominating and creating chances, we were not good enough to score a legitimate goal.

Billyfozz

Quote from: cantoffee
Quote from: Gumpinio
Quote from: cantoffeeHibbert is looking more and more like a liability,

He may have been hopless going forwards, but whats new?

I couldn't believe what I saw form Yobo for their second goal, 2-0 made it game over aswell :tit:

I blame Distin just as much though, why did Kuyt have a free header at the top of our box? Distin not only should've challenged him but should've won it as well. Yobo really only made one mistake today and he was quite good otherwise.

Distin was terrible today. Also! As soon as I saw Jo up front on his own I knew we'd lose.
We're the team, we're supreme, number one and we love you E-ver-ton

Billyfozz

We're the team, we're supreme, number one and we love you E-ver-ton