• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

AEK Athens v. Everton

Started by fast lane, November 30, 2009, 07:10:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Thom

Well we can't be too concerned about the performance if we only played ok. The pitch was said to be awful (which judging by the comments in this thread it was) and we lost three players to injury.

The most important thing was the win and a clean sheet. That'll do wonders for our confidence and the lads can look forward to the Spurs game now. I've got to say that I feel pretty confident of getting a point, at least, on Sunday now.

Thom

Midfield General

Easily Jo's best performance for us this season, really hope he's not picked up too bad a knock.
Work is the curse of the drinking class!

"How do you expect Lineker to miss from there...He doesn't!" John Motson, F.A Cup quarter final at White Hart Lane, 1986.

moysies ginner pubes

job done.

really impressed with the youngsters tonight under miserable circumstances due to the pitch, weather and the way their apperances themselves came around due to injuries.

great stuff and you could see what it meant to the lads at the end.

oh i'll start alreight. n when a do, i'll it dee dat ard, eif o one o thee legs u'll fall off.

toffee_scot

Even though I think the Europa League has been a big burden for Everton, I have to congratulate the team including the youngsters for getting through this game and bagging the 3pts and securing a cleansheet when we had a 75% makeshift defence. It will have done the youngsters a lot of good.

However, my big concern are the injured players including Distin. I hope they are not too serious but knowing our luck those players will probably be out for several months (even though our physios will initially say it will take weeks than months to return).

Endless, Nameless

Why is Jo a striker? He has no strength or finishing ability. All he has done this season is get some assists, including todays (rather good) through ball. Would it not make more sense for him to be a midfielder?
"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute. Set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

toffee_scot

Quote from: CallumF73Why is Jo a striker? He has no strength or finishing ability. All he has done this season is get some assists, including todays (rather good) through ball. Would it not make more sense for him to be a midfielder?

I thought he could be utilised as a left winger.  

Midfield General

Quote from: CallumF73Why is Jo a striker? He has no strength or finishing ability. All he has done this season is get some assists, including todays (rather good) through ball. Would it not make more sense for him to be a midfielder?
Sorry mate but did you see his performance tonight? He led the line well best display by him this season by far.
Work is the curse of the drinking class!

"How do you expect Lineker to miss from there...He doesn't!" John Motson, F.A Cup quarter final at White Hart Lane, 1986.

nomorechang

Pienaar , Cahill  , Fellaini and Hibbo were rock solid for us , inspired and nurtured the kids through the game .. Led by example

Silas

For those who want to the game is on channel five at 4am. I am in work so will watch anyway
"The thing about football â€" the important thing about football â€" is that it is not just about football."  Terry Pratchett

Dandanetdinov

that ref was a wanker. Can't believe he never booked one of their midfielders. The youngish one who kept shooting from miles out. He must have given away about 10 fouls and yet didnt get a card!!

Benggg

.Rimbo.

I got this right. Narrow win and a few injuries.
"You never know how long you are going to spend (at a Club) but what I can say is that I can see myself finishing my career at Everton ... I have been in other football Clubs and I’m telling you this is a special one. People say we are a family â€" we really are."

~ Mikel Arteta, November 2009

http://www.youtube.com/v/DBmZ61e_nVA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1";>http://www.youtube.com/v/DBmZ61e_nVA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344">

Toffee_for_life

Quote from: Blue Kart0Commentators saying the athens players havent been paid in a couple of months and some were going to boycott yesterdays training! Lets hope this benefits us and they start with their heads down!! We could do with a slice of luck for a change!!

Billy to score, tight game, 1-0 to us, COYB!!!!!

:hail:

Toffee_for_life