• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

August 14, 2022, 08:32:54 am

Marriner - awful again.

Started by top flight for a long time, December 07, 2009, 03:53:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

top flight for a long time

All at sea.

Sees things others don't, misses things everyone else sees.  How do he get given any matches let alone premier games.

Cracking tackle (Glen Hoddle's words) by Rodwell and he gets a card.  Elbow, kick and shove by a Spurs player gets the same!!!  Fellaini gets booked for being assaulted.

Poor, poor, poor referee.
We're forever Everton....

ballyefc

He was fucking woeful and asking players to move back and stay there with free kicks and throws and stuff was fucking annoying didn't give a shit when Spurs were doin it though

Oh, I forgot about the count.  In the first half the crowd counted for him when he was pacing out hoe far back the wall should be - he stopped at 9 so the wall was about 8 yards away.

fast lane

Giving Rodwell a card was stupid.
Giving Fellaini one was comical.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

Gary Iceman

he should have gave there left back a red card instead of a yellow for nearly ripping cahill's ear off with his studs

DaveyB

The challenge on Cahill was accidental in my opinion. However, the tackle on Fellaini was diabolical - over the top, studs up - he should've walked for that. Then he pushed Fellaini in the face when Felli went to protest about the tackle on him and he should've gone for that too - that's a straight red offence.

Endless, Nameless

Game should have finished as followed:
Assou-Ekotta - Red
Dawson - Red
Rodwell - Red

However I only say Rodwell red because he should ahve got a second yellow, but in fairness the first was NOT a yellow. Ironically it was one of the best challenges of the game. My point is that if Marinner had been consitent or actually follwed the rules after he made the mistake of giving Rodwell a yellow, he would have sent him off.
Tbh, I'm not bothered, but I wish Asshou-Ekotta had been sent off as he was disgraceful. Not just for the stud to ears thing, or the initial foul on Felli, but for the straight red red card-deserving hand to face on Felli. Remember Saha being sent off for something much less?
"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute. Set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

sres

Mariner is an idiot, he's just an attention seeking whore and must get off on the abuse he gets at the end of every half from the fans, he waited until all players where off the pitch at half time so that he could enjoy his few minutes where everyone booed him.

He does it to wind the fans up, at the Park End he had to count out two Everton free kicks and one Spurs free kick.  9 paces for both Everton and 10 for Spurs and boy was he striding for Spurs, any more ridiculous and he may as well have pigeon stepped for the Everton free kicks.

sharpattack

There's hardly a week goes by without some criticism of referees. All of it is justified I might add. As ridiculous as that twat was yesterday I'd have been totally outraged by the "leading" referee's performance, Howard Webb if I was a Chelski fan. To think that balloon is going to the World Cup.

bedfordtoffee

I used to be a sunday league league referee and took pride in it. Watching that bloke yesterday made me cringe. He was so out of his depth, flashing eight cards was ridiculous .Did you see the rage on the faces of Fellaini and Rodwell when they were booked. Rodwell was so angry it was untrue. Anyone with a name like Andre has to do something to find street cred. Tosser

bedfordtoffee