• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Aview from the other side..................

Started by Reids-Belly1, December 07, 2009, 05:22:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Reids-Belly1

Quote from: chang
QuoteWhat is your problem exactly?!

I haven't once moaned about us throwing away a 2 goal lead, i've merely discussed some of the decisions.

Don't have a problem lad, I can see it for what it is, you want to discuss the refs performance and use it as a reason for Spurs failings.

As I said,move on, discussing anything wont change it.

I read on the Spurs forum things like "I hope the dropping of these 2 points wont cost us a champions league place at the end of the season" - excuse me ? Show some respect to the opposition, likewise Villa, Man City etc.

Firstly, i haven't even discussed Spurs' failings at any point. I haven't blamed the ref for anything. I made a post with a number of points and you in your infinite wisdom picked up on one of them while chucking the rest by the wayside.

Secondly, when did saying things like that become disrespectful to any of the other challengers?! I think any team who are 2-0 with 20 minutes to go would consider drawing the game as 2 dropped points, wouldn't they?

Reids-Belly1

Quote from: nomorechangWe should have just sent the fucking ref off and got on with a good fiesty game ..... :woohoo:

I was discussing this yesterday during the game with my best mate(an evertonian). It was decided that red cards should be abolished except for extreme circumstances and let them beat the shit out of each other lolol

Endless, Nameless

Quote from: Reids-Belly1
Quote from: nomorechangWe should have just sent the fucking ref off and got on with a good fiesty game ..... :woohoo:

I was discussing this yesterday during the game with my best mate(an evertonian). It was decided that red cards should be abolished except for extreme circumstances and let them beat the shit out of each other lolol

Oh that would be awesome. Like back in the days of Dixie Dean, where he lost a testicle in a tackle. Thats how much you could get away with ;)
"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute. Set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

King Louis!

I honestly don't think the reff was that bad, he made a few bad decisions but was consistent and didn't favour any of the sides.

Endless, Nameless

He was consistent alright - consistently poor... And not just today either.
"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute. Set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Confucius

Quote from: CallumF73

Oh that would be awesome. Like back in the days of Dixie Dean, where he lost a testicle in a tackle. Thats how much you could get away with ;)

Watch the 1986 and 1989 fa Cup finals with Liverpool against Everton and see the tackles fly in. Especially '86. Can't believe the tackles back then.
He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with stinky finger..

efcforlife

Quote from: Sheedy's Left FootI honestly don't think the reff was that bad, he made a few bad decisions but was consistent and didn't favour any of the sides.

I honestly cant see how anyone could have this opinion..

he was poor to say the least.

Cantoffie

Quote from: fast laneAgree with most you said.
It was indeed much better than last year's, which was pretty poor.
I should know, I was there.
Same here! :nod: , and it was much better.

Billyfozz

Quote from: DaveyBAssou-Ekotto went over the top, stud up on Fellaini before taking out Cahill. He then pushed Fellaini in the face when the big fella went to protest about it. He should have walked for the tackle on Fellaini and then the push in the face. Fellaini was then lucky to get away with an elbow on Crouch.

As for the Hibbert comment - that's ridiculous - it was a 50/50 challenge with defenders covering on both sides. Any referee sending him off would've rescinded it afterwards.

If you'd read what i'd said properly, you would have seen that i only mentioned Hibbert after the ridiculous suggestion that Dawson should have been sent off. Technically Hibbert was the last man and took out the opposing player in the box. By the rules, i believe thats a red acrd. Again i'm not saying it SHOULD have happened though.

As for Assou Ekkoto, he and Fellaini both went in for to the challenge with their studs showing, as i've said he deserved the yellow for the Cahill challenge, and he, fellaini and Cahill were all pushing, so what.....book all 3 for that aswell??

Anyway, i'm not in here to argue, i just came in to praise your boys and point out a couple of things. I don't want to sour what was a good match :thumbsup:

Is that some sort of flower?
We're the team, we're supreme, number one and we love you E-ver-ton

Billyfozz

We're the team, we're supreme, number one and we love you E-ver-ton