• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

August 12, 2022, 01:05:51 pm

Cahill

Started by blargins, December 07, 2009, 06:17:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

blargins

Apparently it's all over Australian news how he saved the day.

Interesting how the media spin things to suit themselves.
Well, whores will have their trinkets.

blargins

Gary Iceman

in the american press there headlines say tim howard saves the day

blargins

In America, I doubt anyone has heard of  Tim Howard.

Gary Iceman

blargins

Because football is such a minority sport there.

Gary Iceman

yh i know but im sure tim howard got an award for bein americans sports personality of the yr or something, either last yr ot 2 yrs ago..so they know the man..o and by the way i was jokin about the american press thing.i just liked the headline saves the day cos of the keeper thing..

blargins

It was a nice little pun :)

Si

when the USA qualified for the World Cup this year their match wasn't even on the TV

in the press the next day it was on like page 8 of the sports pull-outs as well
[blockquote=Bob Latchford]I’ve been on the pitch when a team-mate has been on the receiving end of stick from the terraces and it does distract you. It makes you feel uncomfortable and it has a negative impact on performances, when one of your mates is being barracked, it’s hard to focus on the job in hand.[/blockquote]

fast lane

Even though he scored, and put in a more lively performance, I'm still not convinced by our current captain.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

blargins

Quote from: Siwhen the USA qualified for the World Cup this year their match wasn't even on the TV

That's what I mean. I have a lot of American friends and none of them have ever heard of Tim, and don't care that the soccer side is in the World Cup again.

Билялетдинов

the british media spin it as "defoe misses penalty"

blargins

Defool misses penalty.

ally2

Quote from: fast laneEven though he scored, and put in a more lively performance, I'm still not convinced by our current captain.

Nor me but putting in the work and important goal.  I thought it was strange how he stooped so low to head the ball when it was really there to kick.  On the replay, you can see how he sees the ball is coming in low (and it came in fast) so crouched down to its level.  Maybe its just me.

Confucius

Quote from: blarginsDefool misses penalty.

Doesn't he play for Holland?
He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with stinky finger..

montanatoffeefan

Quote from: Siwhen the USA qualified for the World Cup this year their match wasn't even on the TV

Sad, but true. I actually usually root against my national team to qualify because I know it would mean so much more to one of the countries that gets beat out. The World Cup was hardly important here -- even when the U.S. team went deep into it in 2002 and hosted it eight years before.

There probably isn't a backup point guard in the NBA or punt returner in American football's NFL who isn't more "famous" over here than Tim Howard.

montanatoffeefan