• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

August 14, 2022, 06:58:54 am

Bily-Jo and what to do with them

Started by everton1952, December 07, 2009, 07:03:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

huck

F**k sake  Billy is a top player yes his work rate needs improving and yes he is timid but for you lot that have the short memories Pienaar never tracked back and was scared of the physical side of the league when he first came to us. Get a f**king memory and don't knock Billy. The Russian leagues on it's break I'm sure he's knackered, as for the passion watch the Russian players Arshavin included I think its just part of there nature.

Jo has had a couple of good games and we are still slating him? Leave it alone you can tell he likes the club and works his socks off he had no work ethic last year when he joined us. It says something that he never stops running for us now.

Some people want the world for free.

huck

sres

Nah we just want the players to put a shift in, they're highly paid professionals here to entertain.

It's great he runs, but he has no end product, so it's basically one guy running around a pitch for no reason.

everton1952

Maybe play Bily in the centre and not on the wing where he is at the mercy of nasty rough full backs, and too little space to work in.
brian flack

Thom

Billy didn't have a great game yesterday, but to say he isn't a good player and lacks passion is total rubbish. We are talking about the same guy who has made good tackles for us this season, and got sent off for a challenge that was a yellow card, right? Is that the type of passion you want to see? I'd say so.

He's clearly not a left winger by trade, but needs must at the moment.

huck

Quote from: sresNah we just want the players to put a shift in, they're highly paid professionals here to entertain.

It's great he runs, but he has no end product, so it's basically one guy running around a pitch for no reason.

Until the Yak starts getting goals who would you rather play up there because he offers little else in team play and Saha for all the great that he is doesn't like playing up front by himself. Jo is tall I know he's not good in the air but the teams we face week in week out seem to forget that and him and Fellaini in the side together scare the defence.

GrantyBoy78

Flair players who can tackle and work hard for the team are pretty rare. This is one of the problems we face if we try to become more of a footballing side.  

huck

Quote from: ThomBilly didn't have a great game yesterday, but to say he isn't a good player and lacks passion is total rubbish. We are talking about the same guy who has made good tackles for us this season, and got sent off for a challenge that was a yellow card, right? Is that the type of passion you want to see? I'd say so.

He's clearly not a left winger by trade, but needs must at the moment.

Agree.

blueblood1988

Thort Fellaini was awseome yesterday

sres

Quote from: huck
Quote from: sresNah we just want the players to put a shift in, they're highly paid professionals here to entertain.

Until the Yak starts getting goals who would you rather play up there because he offers little else in team play and Saha for all the great that he is doesn't like playing up front by himself. Jo is tall I know he's not good in the air but the teams we face week in week out seem to forget that and him and Fellaini in the side together scare the defence.

So what is wrong with playing Jo + Saha in the first half and when Saha fades throw on Yak.

I don't understand why we play 4-5-1 when none of our forwards are suited too it, we looked a different team yesterday when the Yak and Saha came on, Spurs had nothing in the middle of the park and Cahill/Fellainni ruled pretty much all the game, only getting caught in the moment in the final few minutes when Hibbert did his best to bundle palacios into a passing taxi.

toffee_scot

Give Billy time to settle for goodness sake, Moyes did say it would take him a while to get used to the Premier League. Anyway he has actually done quite well for us so far.

Blueney-tunes

Not for no reason but to help a team that is plagued with injuries.
It wasnt long ago that the Yak was running around like that..
and before that Andy Johnson.
Forget slating the individual player. During this crisis you wont see a Jos full potential as hes
having to muck in. Wait till the squad gets back and the lad has some good through balls played to him. If he doesnt sink them, then bitch at him! I thought for a lone striker who was recieving a lot of hoofs, he did as well as can be expected.

Billyfozz

Quote from: dunksterhere we go. Everyone was singing his praises when he had all those assists earlier. It takes time to settle. I think the biggest problem is moyes doesnt seem totally sure of where to play him. To start with he compared him to sheedy, hinting at him as a left wing. But shortly after he said he might be better off just behind the strikers. As for jo - i would rather see anichebe up there [when fit] than jo. He offers nothing and wears out the flagging arm of the linesman.

I totally agree. Especially with Victor being better than Jo, but then again wouldn't anyone?
We're the team, we're supreme, number one and we love you E-ver-ton

NSM

I seriously cannot see what some fans think Jo offers us. Can someone who actually thinks something of the bloke clarify exactly what it is he has the potential to do for us?

Mikel10

Quote from: NSMI seriously cannot see what some fans think Jo offers us. Can someone who actually thinks something of the bloke clarify exactly what it is he has the potential to do for us?

Be offside all the time.

blueblood1988

Yeah just cos Jo does 1 or 2 useful things once in a while dosent mean we should buy him, his presence does irritate me somehow, having said that he is only 22?

blueblood1988