• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

July 01, 2022, 11:09:55 pm

Chelsea v Everton

Started by blargins, December 07, 2009, 06:43:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

blargins

What do we think lads? Can we get anything here?

Drew twice last season, but this I don't think we'll get much change, especially if we have a weak back line.

Howard

Coleman Hetinga A central defender please Baines

Pienaar Fellaini Rodwell Bilya

Cahill

Jo
Well, whores will have their trinkets.

blargins

Confucius

Cahill suspended Blarg. Also feel we need Hitinga in the CM role. Rest Rodwell. Think Neill and Distin/Yobo or hopefully Distin and Yobo with Coleman on the right.

I really think we can get something out of the game. As I have said before. Chelsea is not going to have a 100% home record come the end of the season. So why can't we take points off them. We also need to target the big boys if we going to salvage our season. Why not start here.
He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with stinky finger..

blargins

Shit I forgot Cahill was out.

Rodwell had a rest already, didn't he?

I hope we get some cd back, but Heitinga must play there if none are fit.

Confucius

Yes he must if none are fit. Was hoping he played CM so can try and shut Lampard down or try to match Essien's physicality.

blueToffee

If Yobo and Distin are still crocked (highly likely I'd think) then I think it'll be Heitinga and either Neill/Hibbert in the CB roles. I don't want Neill + Hibbert pairing again though which is a shame as I also want Heitinga in midfield. But ultimately its probably better to have an established CB in there, however I really think we'll be a lot stronger in midfield with a Heitinga/Fellaini pairing as in the derby too.

If there was an option for a CB pairing that was strong that didn't include Heitinga so he'd be free for midfield DM I'd be all ears. I don't see it though.

Decisions, decisions...

As we'll certainly be going 4-5-1 how about this for a line up... :)

Howard

Hibbert Heitinga Neill Baines

Rodwell

Coleman Pienaar Fellaini Billy

Saha

They wouldn't expect it anyway :)

Cantoffie

I think we will Lose but we will see a valiant effort though.

Fellainis Hairdresser

might aswell go 2 up front, not expected to get anything so go for it!
Were Forever Evertonnnnn!!

Dr. Sponge

I would go for...

Howard

Hibbert Heitinga Neill Baines

Pienaar Rodwell Fellaini Billy

Saha Yakubu

But I think Moyes will opt for a 5 man midfield, which is logical considering Chelsea's strength in central midfield.

Confucius

Why would you want to play Coleman at RM. I don't understand this. Have a good game at RB, ok, lets move you to the midfield because we want nobody to excel.

Midfield General

If they boys can maintain their work ethic then I can see us getting something, we have to tbh we can ill afford another defeat that's a tough ask considering the level of opposition we're gonna be facing.

So i'll go for a 1-1 draw.  Fellaini to get the goal.
Work is the curse of the drinking class!

"How do you expect Lineker to miss from there...He doesn't!" John Motson, F.A Cup quarter final at White Hart Lane, 1986.

cantoffee

Very tough game, we won't be able to score more than 1 that's a near certainty. I'll be optimistic and say a 1-1 draw, Saha to score and keep racking up the points for my fantasy team!

.Rimbo.

Howard

Coleman Neill Hibbert Baines

Pienaar Rodwell Heitinga Bilya

Fellaini

Saha

1-1 Saha. (Who else?)
"You never know how long you are going to spend (at a Club) but what I can say is that I can see myself finishing my career at Everton ... I have been in other football Clubs and I’m telling you this is a special one. People say we are a family â€" we really are."

~ Mikel Arteta, November 2009

http://www.youtube.com/v/DBmZ61e_nVA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1";>http://www.youtube.com/v/DBmZ61e_nVA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344">

Endless, Nameless

Howard

Hibbert Heitinga Distin Baines

Coleman Pienaar Rodwell  Bilya

Fellaini

Jo

Subs: Nash, Baxter, Duffy, Jo, Yak, Agard, Neill
Team guessing is harder for Evertonians as we have to guess not only what team will be on the pitch, but what players will be fit :cool:
"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute. Set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Confucius

Quote from: CallumF73Howard

Hibbert Heitinga Distin Baines

Coleman Pienaar Rodwell  Bilya

Fellaini

Jo

Subs: Nash, Baxter, Duffy, Jo, Yak, Agard, Neill
Team guessing is harder for Evertonians as we have to guess not only what team will be on the pitch, but what players will be fit :cool:

So fellaini gets moved to a position he was ok at from one where he was excelling. Can we please start playing people where they belong as much as possible. Also you have Jo in the team and on the bench.

Saha must play, he needs to shoot at Cech as much as possible as he isn't half the keeper he used to be. Plates in your skull tend to do that to a guy.

andyvk

as long as Jo dont play i,ll be happy!!!  cant see us getting anywere to be honest. there team is unbelievable. even without essien. there going to be too strong for us especialy without distin and yobo. we need them both playing to try and control drogba.
a.kennedy

andyvk

a.kennedy