• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

August 09, 2022, 12:57:02 am

Essien injured...

Started by Chris, December 08, 2009, 02:08:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Pulled his hamstring, hopefully out for Saturday.

Chris

Confucius

Not a personal dig at you mate but I hate threads like this. I want us to play against their best all the time and never wish for injury on anyone(ok, maybe Jo sometimes)Hope he is fit. Awesome player and one of my favourites in the world
He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with stinky finger..

Gary Iceman

Quote from: ConfuciusNot a personal dig at you mate but I hate threads like this. I want us to play against their best all the time and never wish for injury on anyone(ok, maybe Jo sometimes)Hope he is fit. Awesome player and one of my favourites in the world

he is great to watch,but hopefully not on saturday.

blargins

Was hoping Drogba and Lampard would be out. They are the ones that do damage to us.

Does Mikkel still play for them? Would love him here.
Well, whores will have their trinkets.

efcforlife

Quote from: ConfuciusNot a personal dig at you mate but I hate threads like this. I want us to play against their best all the time and never wish for injury on anyone(ok, maybe Jo sometimes)Hope he is fit. Awesome player and one of my favourites in the world

yeah and I hope no other chelsea players out, because their good to watch arnt they..

and i hope we get fucking wipped in the process too..

are you mad

eame

Not a personal dig either mate but i dont care a fuck who plays against us as long as we win!
Understand where ya coming from but you can watch them against other teams for the rest of the year.

Gash

Yup, can't wait for him to rip us to bits. :doh:

I wouldn't want a player to get a serious injury. But if Drogba, Essian, Lampard Anelka and Terry all pulled a hammy this evening, you wouldn't here me complaining.

MmmBlueBilyaletdinov

Quote from: ChrisPulled his hamstring, hopefully out for Saturday.

so that leaves them with only Lampard, Cole, Ballack, Deco, Obi Mikel, Malouda, Kakuta and Matic to pick from.

Yay!
If Rodwell was a car, he'd be a Rolls Royce. He just oozes class.

"Joleon is arguably the best centre-half in the Premier League and can be for a number of years," - Mark Hughes

"Joleon Lescot wasn't even the best central defender at everton, Jagielka was their player of the season" - Pat Nevin

cantoffee

Even if he's out, Obi Mikel will step in and he's no slouch. Did very well when essien was out with that serious injury about a year ago and he'd walk into most teams.

Confucius

I don't see whats wrong with not wanting players to get injured. No bigger test for the likes of Fellaini, Rodwell, Heitinga to sahow how good or bad they are then against the world's best. Imagine Felli dominates Essien and runs the midfield. Victory will be all the more sweeter when we play their best

efcforlife

Quote from: ConfuciusI don't see whats wrong with not wanting players to get injured. No bigger test for the likes of Fellaini, Rodwell, Heitinga to sahow how good or bad they are then against the world's best. Imagine Felli dominates Essien and runs the midfield. Victory will be all the more sweeter when we play their best

drugs, it has to be

Thom

Whilst I think Essien is a fantastic player, I'd have been happier if Drogba had pulled up with a hamstring injury. If we have a centre back partnership of Neill and Hibbert on Saturday then Drogba will rip them to shreds.

Confucius

Quote from: efcforlife
Quote from: ConfuciusI don't see whats wrong with not wanting players to get injured. No bigger test for the likes of Fellaini, Rodwell, Heitinga to sahow how good or bad they are then against the world's best. Imagine Felli dominates Essien and runs the midfield. Victory will be all the more sweeter when we play their best

drugs, it has to be

I wish it was. LOL. If you cant beat them, join them. Hope he is out till after we play them in our home game then.

Confucius

From BBC article on the game:

Chelsea coach Carlo Ancelotti:
"Michael (Essien) has a problem with his leg. We will look at him over the next few days and check on him on.

"We hope it's not a big problem. I think he will not be able to play on Saturday."

Gash

Quote from: ConfuciusFrom BBC article on the game:

Chelsea coach Carlo Ancelotti:
"Michael (Essien) has a problem with his leg. We will look at him over the next few days and check on him on.

"We hope it's not a big problem. I think he will not be able to play on Saturday."

Yup, just been on SSN. Confirmed he's out.

Gash