• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

July 05, 2022, 11:09:22 am

Essien injured...

Started by Chris, December 08, 2009, 02:08:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Confucius

Was Terry doubtful for tonights game? I think he played but not sure.
He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with stinky finger..

Confucius

Mahoney

Again..not a dig at anyone commenting on here, but imagine what other teams forums must write about us each week!! Fuck, they'd have a field day.....if it's not Arteta out for Everton, it's Neville and then Osman and then Pienaar and and and and.........

I can definitely see where Chris is coming from, but Confucius the likes of a Burnley won't be giving a shit that they beat a poor injury hit Everton....they beat EVERTON.....end of.

Confucius

Fair enough Mahoney and it is part of the game, just hoping people get injured is just not in the spirit of the game. Something I feel is being slowly eroded. Well, Im in a minority of one but so be it.
And also, i wouldn't want to carry on like all the idiots on other sites do. they really are classless.

Gash

Quote from: ConfuciusFair enough Mahoney and it is part of the game, just hoping people get injured is just not in the spirit of the game. Something I feel is being slowly eroded. Well, Im in a minority of one but so be it.And also, i wouldn't want to carry on like all the idiots on other sites do. they really are classless.

I think most would agree with you. I hate when people post that they are happy when someone gets an injury, especially a serious one. Even worse when a minority are happy when it's one of ours. (and I don't mean your Jo comment) I think in the context of Chris's point, Essian has a minor strain, which can only be good for us.

Confucius

I wasn't having a dig at Chris either as I do not think his comment was in anyway malicious but has happened before, people wishing injuries on others.
I do agree with the wishing it on our own players is even worse.

Ridge

Quote from: Gash
Quote from: ConfuciusFair enough Mahoney and it is part of the game, just hoping people get injured is just not in the spirit of the game. Something I feel is being slowly eroded. Well, Im in a minority of one but so be it.And also, i wouldn't want to carry on like all the idiots on other sites do. they really are classless.

I think most would agree with you. I hate when people post that they are happy when someone gets an injury, especially a serious one. Even worse when a minority are happy when it's one of ours. (and I don't mean your Jo comment) I think in the context of Chris's point, Essian has a minor strain, which can only be good for us.
I normally try to champion sportsmanship or endeavour to, but I won't lose sleep over Essien being out for a week. In fact I hope Drogba pulls a muscle, especially if it was Lampard's and they were both out.

Chazman

Sorry, but if Gerrard and Torres were out for the season, I would truelly rejoice.

Chazman