• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

July 05, 2022, 11:43:00 am

Beattie is available

Started by everton1952, December 08, 2009, 02:35:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

everton1952

Or might be available, snigger snigger. I had my first doubts about him in his first game when he butted that Chelsea feller on the back of the head. Nice lad though. Before piling on the abuse, just think,  if Vaughan and Anichibe are unlikely to play  this season, and Yak is off to Africa, so if Beats is really really cheap, why not? Better than just keeping Jo plus an injured Saha for maybe 4 weeks in January.
brian flack

everton1952

brian flack

Chris

I've actually read quite a few people, on different forums, suggesting it since the weekend.

Not for me ta.

everton1952

It was the butt being on the back of the head which made me doubt his sanity, after all we were used to Duncan dishing out normal frontal butts.
brian flack

toffee_scot

Jo and Yakubu are currently doing a good job playing the 'James Beattie' role.

Gash

cantoffee

Yak will be gone come january and with anichebe and vaughn out I'd rather not have to rely on Saha and Jo. Obviously Saha is great but you never know when he might pick up an injury and I have no idea what to think of Jo sometimes.

I wouldn't mind getting him in on loan, at least he'd be offside less than Jo, but I wouldn't want to buy him,

efcforlife

scored a couple of memorable goals but the lad was shit when it came down too it im afraid

not for me

Endless, Nameless

Quote from: toffee_scotJo and Yakubu are currently doing a good job playing the 'James Beattie' role.

this, unfortunately...
"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute. Set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

brap.

just no. I'd rather stick agard or one of the other kids on.

blueToffee

I like the guy but it would be best (if we couldn't play Saha) to revert back to Cahill up front or use Agard, etc. I was actually kind of impressed with Agard's cameo in Europe (I think it was) - he seems like a mix of Anichebe's physicality and Vaughan's pace.

cad

Please NO!!!

We've stalled a bit this season.  We don't need to start moving  backwards  :shakeyheadman:
veni veni veni

GrantyBoy78

I liked Beats. He's scored goals everywhere he's been apart from us, I wonder why that was? Playing up front on his own surrounded by a bunch of hoof-merchants maybe? Hmmm...

DaveyB

Quote from: GrantyBoy78I liked Beats. He's scored goals everywhere he's been apart from us, I wonder why that was? Playing up front on his own surrounded by a bunch of hoof-merchants maybe? Hmmm...
He likes scoring goals for teams that wear red and white stripes - Southampton, Sheffield Utd, Stoke - say no more!

Endless, Nameless

"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute. Set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

toffee_scot

Quote from: DaveyB
Quote from: GrantyBoy78I liked Beats. He's scored goals everywhere he's been apart from us, I wonder why that was? Playing up front on his own surrounded by a bunch of hoof-merchants maybe? Hmmm...
He likes scoring goals for teams that wear red and white stripes - Southampton, Sheffield Utd, Stoke - say no more!

He should maybe join Hamilton Accies.

toffee_scot