• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Moyes wants Landon Donovan on loan?

Started by benuski, December 08, 2009, 11:03:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

benuski

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/dec/08/david-moyes-everton-landon-donovan

Apparently Moyes is targeting the best player on the US national team, besides our own Tim Howard, Landon Donovan.  He usually play second striker at the club level and plays out on the wing for the US national team.  

They've tried to play a 4-5-1 with Donovan as the lone striker and the results were pretty dire; however, he's a good creative force from the midfield or from the second striker spot.  He's fast, a good passer, and has good ball control.

Should Everton go after him?

benuski

nomorechang

why not ? ....If he's as effective as Brian Mc Bride then he'll be a decent addition ... and he has pace , a decent bomus !

cantoffee

He always seems to have the attributes, but he's always failed in europe. Could be worth a shot though, although he's another player who plays behind the striker like bilya, pienaar, and cahill, not a natural winger, which our squad desperately lacks. That being said, I'd still take him on loan just to add another player and a bit of pace.

Mahoney

If he comes, could he be registered for the Europa League?

Sprooly

yes he would be able to play in europa league
C
adds depth. wouldnt be on massive wages would he?

would be a decent get IMO

ally2

would be interested to see him here.  always get rave reviews over there.  but surely it wouldn't be with a view to a permanent move?  we really need an out-and-out winger though IMO.  if there really is no-one available then let's go for it.

Sensei

Quote from: ally2would be interested to see him here.  always get rave reviews over there.  but surely it wouldn't be with a view to a permanent move?  we really need an out-and-out winger though IMO.  if there really is no-one available then let's go for it.

Not really.  Many people like me hated him for a long time only now has he shown the maturity on a bigger stage.  I'd put him wide right if we were to get him, wouldn't be a bad loan signing at all.  Certainly better than Beckham at this stage at least.

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

Without a doubt I would take him, technically good attacking player, could offer us a lot. With it only being a loan I don't know where we could fail, he could do more than Jo has this time last season, maybe do a Manny Fernandes :)
"Greeeenn Arrrmmmyyyy"

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

Can I just add, how good have our January loan signings been under Moyes.
"Greeeenn Arrrmmmyyyy"

4-ever-ton

If we can get him on a loan deal with a view to a perminant move but with no obligation to, I'd sign him up!

How about Becks on a pay as you play for 6months as well, do our shirt sales the world of good haha :P

fast lane

Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

Билялетдинов

go 'ed.

hardly any risk with loans (especially with jo)

ballyefc

Quote from: 4-ever-tonIf we can get him on a loan deal with a view to a perminant move but with no obligation to, I'd sign him up!

How about Becks on a pay as you play for 6months as well, do our shirt sales the world of good haha :P

was talking about that the other day, the actual ramifications of it would be immense, his media spotlight shining on us for six months could bring things we have never imagined.

Never going to happen in a month of sundays like.

4-ever-ton

i managed to get Becks on the new Footie Manager, had to offer him £70k a week though and he's only good for every other game ha whoops!

MmmBlueBilyaletdinov

Quote from: ballyefc
Quote from: 4-ever-tonIf we can get him on a loan deal with a view to a perminant move but with no obligation to, I'd sign him up!

was talking about that the other day, the actual ramifications of it would be immense, his media spotlight shining on us for six months could bring things we have never imagined.

Never going to happen in a month of sundays like.

Beckham goes where his missus tells him to.  i can't see her plumping for Liverpool somehow.
If Rodwell was a car, he'd be a Rolls Royce. He just oozes class.

"Joleon is arguably the best centre-half in the Premier League and can be for a number of years," - Mark Hughes

"Joleon Lescot wasn't even the best central defender at everton, Jagielka was their player of the season" - Pat Nevin

MmmBlueBilyaletdinov

If Rodwell was a car, he'd be a Rolls Royce. He just oozes class.

"Joleon is arguably the best centre-half in the Premier League and can be for a number of years," - Mark Hughes

"Joleon Lescot wasn't even the best central defender at everton, Jagielka was their player of the season" - Pat Nevin