• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Moyes wants Landon Donovan on loan?

Started by benuski, December 08, 2009, 11:03:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

blargins

How many loan players are we allowed to have?

I dare say if we could have unlimited, Bill would sell all ours and then get Moyes to pick up loans....
Well, whores will have their trinkets.

blargins

Well, whores will have their trinkets.

Thom

As a loan signing, then yes. No doubt he'd be stuck out wide by Moyes though.

Endless, Nameless

As a loan: YES PLEASE!
If he is good: BUY PLEASE!

That's my opinion, anyway ;)
"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute. Set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

andrei

Would be happy with him, everytime I come on here were linked with someone else and I think no chance hes coming here but this one does seem like it can happen for some reason.

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

Quote from: andreiWould be happy with him, everytime I come on here were linked with someone else and I think no chance hes coming here but this one does seem like it can happen for some reason.
I agree, he doesn't seem to big a star to turn his nose up at us, I think he'd be a good move for us and him.

Roll on January...
"Greeeenn Arrrmmmyyyy"

montanatoffeefan

Didn't think he had it in him to make it in the Prem in his prime. Now that he's lost a step, I suspect he'd be eaten alive in England.

He went to the Bundesliga on loan last season and was rarely heard from again. Just don' rate him anywhere outside the MLS. And he's been quite the vain, conniving little cunt in his spat with Beckham this year. Didn't think another player could get me taking sides with Becks, but Donovan did.

How about a young winger with some promise and a potential future in the EPL instead? Or at least a player with a past proving he can play in the EPL.

griff969

According to SSN, Everton have confirmed talks are at an advanced stage for a 'Beckham like' 3 month loan in January

MmmBlueBilyaletdinov

Quote from: griff969According to SSN, Everton have confirmed talks are at an advanced stage for a 'Beckham like' 3 month loan in January

BBC radio 5 news just confirmed this also.

Interesting move from a footballing and commercial perspective.

Will increase our awareness stateside which isn't a bad thing.
If Rodwell was a car, he'd be a Rolls Royce. He just oozes class.

"Joleon is arguably the best centre-half in the Premier League and can be for a number of years," - Mark Hughes

"Joleon Lescot wasn't even the best central defender at everton, Jagielka was their player of the season" - Pat Nevin

griff969

According to SSN, Everton have confirmed talks are at an advanced stage for a 'Beckham like' 3 month loan in January

AidyEFC9

Yeah ive just seen Everton officials have confirmed talks are at an advanced stage, why not i say, will add to the numbers, he aint that bad a player and like it was said above, commercially would be good and would bring us to the attention of America a bit more.

Endless, Nameless

We are already in the eye of the Americans because of Howard. He's their number one remember? Anyway, why do we want to be known stateside? I'm not being a grump, I'm genuinely asking. It's not like they have a wealth of talent for us to attract ;)
"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute. Set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

AidyEFC9

SSN as just said that Everton and L.A. Galaxy have confirmed the deal is 75% done, there just tweaking a few details but it should go through.

cantoffee

Quote from: CallumF73We are already in the eye of the Americans because of Howard. He's their number one remember? Anyway, why do we want to be known stateside? I'm not being a grump, I'm genuinely asking. It's not like they have a wealth of talent for us to attract ;)
If you think Howard is more well known than Donovan then you're sadly mistaken. Donovan is the most well known U.S. player in the world and has been in the national team for so long now that even people who only follow during the world cup will know him. Howard is a relative unknown in the U.S.

We want to be known in the U.S. to increase our worldwide fanbase, which will bring in more revenue. I don't know if he'll be successful or not on the pitch but I'd be willing to bet the increase in revenue from his signing will pay for his wages so I don't have a problem with it. I wouldn't expect him to be that great though.

Blueney-tunes

Lots of awesome players out there warming top class benches in Spain, Germany etc and weve decided to chase someone average.

Not a dig but feel there's better options.

Silas

I think he is a good option.  From what I have seen (mainly for national side) he is creative, quick and can play in multiple positions.  All I would want for a loan player in Jan.
"The thing about football â€" the important thing about football â€" is that it is not just about football."  Terry Pratchett

Silas

"The thing about football â€" the important thing about football â€" is that it is not just about football."  Terry Pratchett