• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

August 09, 2022, 12:05:46 am

Moyes wants Landon Donovan on loan?

Started by benuski, December 08, 2009, 11:03:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bryan

All you have to do is look at our starting XI and bench in recent matches to realize that Donovan would strengthen the squad.
He has a good engine and good instincts with the ball.  Sign him up!

montanatoffeefan

Quote from: AidyEFC9Hey, montanatoffeeman, im just making an example, im not saying Donovan will be as good as Pienaar im just saying lets not right Donovan off just because he did shit in Germany, some players seem to suit/ find there own in some leagues rather than others and i was using Pienaar as an example of that.

Ok, Pienaar might of done ok at Dortmund, but him not getting many games would suggest otherwise in my eyes, all im saying is give the man a chance, to many of us are quick to write players off before theyve even kicked a ball for our club, just because they did shit elsewhere doesnt mean they will at us!.

You never know, he could turn out to have an effect as good as Brian McBride?!.

Well, we wouldn't have much to post on this site if we cut off all speculation and conjecture. LOL.

I hope you're right about Donovan, mate. But my conjecture about his chances in the Prem is based on watching him for the last eight years+ in the U.S., WC and what little you got to see of him in Germany. He was clearly past it by the last World Cup, IMO. And I'm not sure he could have made it in England before he was past it.

All IMO, of course. But I've seen plenty of him. And. I think he's made the right decision to stay in the U.S. where he can be a star.

yankeeblueboy

I am rather optimistic about this.  He was never really used in his loan move to Bayern last year, and I actually think he would benefit from really being thrown into the team, which is what I think we can expect in this situation.  I think even in the US the jury is still out with Donovan as to whether he can step up in big situations, and I think this move will go a long way to answering those questions.  That being said, his talent cannot be questioned, he is the first name on the United States team sheet.
"Evertonians are born, not manufactured.  We do not choose, we are chosen. Those who understand need no explanation, those who don't, don't matter."

Fargoblue

Just, please Landon, don't do the pre-penalty ritual in an Everton shirt or it will be "Yankee Go Home."

yankeeblueboy

Quote from: FargoblueJust, please Landon, don't do the pre-penalty ritual in an Everton shirt or it will be "Yankee Go Home."

What? You mean kissing his hands like 20 times? Its weird.
"Evertonians are born, not manufactured.  We do not choose, we are chosen. Those who understand need no explanation, those who don't, don't matter."

yankeeblueboy