• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

July 05, 2022, 11:34:11 am

Peterlin, Arnoux & Mustafi

Started by scottiedog_98, December 09, 2009, 03:34:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scottiedog_98

Not heard anything about these guys since they signed..

Anyone seen them play, how are they fairing.. Long term prospects as expected to be or will they never make the senior side ??

Interested, as we have all these injuries at the mo and dont see them anywhere ?

top flight for a long time

Mustahfi was on the bench against AEK.  I think the others were really signed as reserves TBH
We're forever Everton....

GrantyBoy78

The yanks don't really count as nothing was expected of them but I'm dissapointed by what people have said about Mustafi. Those who've seen him play for the reserves say he's terrible and will never make it as a first teamer. Seem harsh, hope it's not true.

dunkster

what about that garbutt kid we snatched from leeds? We have had to fork out half a million for him so i hope he is decent.
[yt=width,height]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex thats make's me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN

"thats a lovely accent you have there....New Jersey?"
"no Austria"
"Austria!!!!.......Well gud-day mate. lets put another shrimp on the barbey" - DUMB AND DUMBER

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

I remember reading that Garbutt was a bigger prospect than ROONEY!

I haven't read anything about him since he signed.

As for the others i think Peterlin and Arnoux were signed to bulk up the reserves but I think Mustafi is being made for the first team, Hamburg rated him highly and didn't want him to go.
"Greeeenn Arrrmmmyyyy"

top flight for a long time

Quote from: dunksterwhat about that garbutt kid we snatched from leeds? We have had to fork out half a million for him so i hope he is decent.
He's in the youth team isn't he?  I think they said he was going into the accademy.
We're forever Everton....

Thom

Both Garbutt and Mustafi played in last night's Youtch Cup match against Middlesbrough. Not sure how well they played though.

MmmBlueBilyaletdinov

Not seen Mustafi for the reserves but hes looked very good for Germany when Ive seen him at youth level.
If Rodwell was a car, he'd be a Rolls Royce. He just oozes class.

"Joleon is arguably the best centre-half in the Premier League and can be for a number of years," - Mark Hughes

"Joleon Lescot wasn't even the best central defender at everton, Jagielka was their player of the season" - Pat Nevin

montanatoffeefan

I think Chris and Rhys are the best sources for this kind of information and analysis.

Where has Rhys been, anyway? He is missed,

toffee_scot

I think Peterlin and Arnoux were signed to strengthen our ties with the USA as we seem to be heavily involved in some schemes there and go every single preseason there, they probably will never ever make an appearance for Everton but will benefit from the experience of training at Finch Farm.

Dove of Love

Ive seen the reserves a couple of times and the lads havent done too bad. Peterlin has a good engine on him and at times has shown some decent footwork. Arnoux has scored a few goals for the reserves and seems a strong player, hasnt done bad at all. As for Mustafi, he is a young lad and as a centreback alot rests on his shoulders. With an experienced player next to him i think that he will be good. Resreves is hard to tell who is going to make it or not. An experienced player next to you can make you look like a world beater. Each player performs differently each week as the team changes due to players not coming off the bench for 1st team etc. its hard to be in an academy, i was in one at a totally different sport, but because of the teams changing all the time its hard to have that consistency.

Gary Iceman

Quote from: montanatoffeefanI think Chris and Rhys are the best sources for this kind of information and analysis.

isnt he a daddy now.? he is probably too busy changing sh1tty nappies to come on here as much.

montanatoffeefan

Quote from: Gary Iceman
Quote from: montanatoffeefanI think Chris and Rhys are the best sources for this kind of information and analysis.

isnt he a daddy now.? he is probably too busy changing sh1tty nappies to come on here as much.

Sounds like good training to be an NSNO moderator.

Congrats to Rhys, if true!

.Matty

Anyone know how Femi Orenuga is getting on?
[http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/MattyTheBluenose/\";>http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/MattyTheBluenose.png\"; border=\"0\" />][/link]

Midfield General

I saw Peterlin, Mustafi and Garbutt all play at Airbus in the summer, and out of the three Garbutt looked class has a lot to learn defensively, but he did catch the eye far more than Mustafi who, whilst wasn't awful, wasn't exactly amazing either, Peterlin looked very very average though ran about a lot but gave the ball away far too often.
Work is the curse of the drinking class!

"How do you expect Lineker to miss from there...He doesn't!" John Motson, F.A Cup quarter final at White Hart Lane, 1986.

Midfield General

Work is the curse of the drinking class!

"How do you expect Lineker to miss from there...He doesn't!" John Motson, F.A Cup quarter final at White Hart Lane, 1986.