• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

August 12, 2022, 01:41:57 pm

Buying up land around Goodison

Started by pete, December 09, 2009, 04:30:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pete

Could a fan scheme do this whereby fans put in money and start buying up properties that are needed around there and then sell to Everton at cost?

If Everton do not buy up the properties off the fans then the scheme could sell the properties as normal so fans get their money back?

EFC2302

In today's uncertain housing market?

Risky!
Andy Hinchcliffe has a wicked left foot!!!!!  :tongue:

goodison85

so say theres roughly 30-40 houses around goodison. at an estimate of say £55k each (just a rough guess). £2.2million to purchase only 40 houses. thats a big ask mate even without all the legal fees etc.

Just wouldnt happen mate :doh:
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

4-ever-ton

Quote from: goodison85so say theres roughly 30-40 houses around goodison. at an estimate of say £55k each (just a rough guess). £2.2million to purchase only 40 houses. thats a big ask mate even without all the legal fees etc.

I agree and if you get a home owner that wont budge, the whole plan falls apart :P

pete

Quote from: goodison85so say theres roughly 30-40 houses around goodison. at an estimate of say £55k each (just a rough guess). £2.2million to purchase only 40 houses. thats a big ask mate even without all the legal fees etc.

I gulped when I seen that amount as I thought it was about 12 houses!

However, £2.2m is 10,000 fans putting in just £220 each?

Perhaps we could even treble that figure as an average? And spread payments out?

It is just an idea as I know sod all about how much land, houses even businesses, and costs are etc but it's a starting idea!

4-ever-ton

Yea its something i think the club should look at if theyre serious about re-developing Goodison however they should also take heed from LFCs failed attempt to do the same at the Pig Sty

pete

Quote from: 4-ever-ton

I agree and if you get a home owner that wont budge, the whole plan falls apart :P

That could happen yes. It could happen if Everton try to do it too.

In that scenario, then it would refer to the plan of action if Everton say no to buying the houses ie the fan group would have a portfolio of properties that they could sell privately and recoup their money.

If the market is bad they can can hold onto them til it picks up and those invested could get their money back perhaps?

ally2

Muttley

That's not a lot of money for the club to have spent over the years to secure the redevelopment land needed for GP

Muttley