• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

August 12, 2022, 02:01:15 pm

Carsley

Started by blargins, December 09, 2009, 05:11:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

IT'S A NICKNAME!!!

Gravesen was called "Mad Dog" doesn't mean he's a DOG!!!

I really don't know what else to say 'cos you my friend are talkin out your ARSE!!!
"Greeeenn Arrrmmmyyyy"

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

"Greeeenn Arrrmmmyyyy"

Endless, Nameless

I'd love him to work at Everton - behind the scenes. He's such a nice guy, and with a great passion for the game. He's just not good enough on the pitch for us anymore, unfortunately. But yes, I loved stubbsy and was made up to hear he came back for a coaching role. I'd love Carsley to do the same.
"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute. Set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

blargins

So when you said

"Let's face it he WAS SUPER! He was the most consistant performer for years and gave his all, with about 90% of his actions going unnoticed."

you were only talking about his nickname? That was in answer to my question "he wasn't really that super, was he?".

So either you are saying he was super, as in good, or you have changed the context of this debate into it just being his nickname.

Either way, he is not even good enough for Brum and we certainly don't need him here.
Well, whores will have their trinkets.

Flusky

Carsley was a monster. I'd love to have him back.

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

He was SUPER for scoring against the shite thats when he got the nickname, you said he wasn't that super as a reply to me calling him SUPER LEE (AS IN, HIS NICKNAME!!!)

The context was still his nickname until you changed it, or maybe I was talking about his nickname and you was talking about his ability!

Just admit that you have misread my meaning of SUPER and I'll forgive you.
"Greeeenn Arrrmmmyyyy"

blargins

Ok, he was super for that one goal, and mostly average the rest of the time.

I'll compromise on that :biggrin:

NomadskiEFC

Blarg, I think your being exceptionally harsh on a brilliant servant to this club.  Carsley still hasnt been replaced - Neville? Heitinga? Neither have performed to the same level as Carsley when he was here.  He was no Ronaldo, sure, but he covered the field, added strength to our defensive abilities, and in the year before Gravesen left for Madrid formed a fantastic middle partnership.

I would maintain hes the best defensive midfielder we have had for donkeys years, so go easy on the fella.

As for getting him back? Well no, hes not the same player, and we are not the same team, it would be like Gravesens return all over again.

blargins

Maybe I am being a bit harsh, just never took to him that much.

In terms of replacing him, I would argue that Arteta has taken the role on, albeit in a different context ie we keep the ball more with Arteta, negating the need to win it back in the first place. Well, until he got injured that is.

For me, we still haven't replaced Peter Reid, not Lee Carsley though. Been waiting 20 odd years for that to happen.

Blueney-tunes

Quote from: NomadskiEFCBlarg, I think your being exceptionally harsh on a brilliant servant to this club.  Carsley still hasnt been replaced - Neville? Heitinga? Neither have performed to the same level as Carsley when he was here.  He was no Ronaldo, sure, but he covered the field, added strength to our defensive abilities, and in the year before Gravesen left for Madrid formed a fantastic middle partnership.

I would maintain hes the best defensive midfielder we have had for donkeys years, so go easy on the fella.

As for getting him back? Well no, hes not the same player, and we are not the same team, it would be like Gravesens return all over again.

Blatantly this!
Cars = Dynamo!

fast lane

I'm amazed this is going on.
His playing days are more or less over at the top level, yes he served us well, but get over it.
He's a Brummie boy, lives there, and probably doesn't want to move.
That more or less shuts the door on all things concerning Everton.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

Thom

He was decent for what we needed at the time, but we don't need his like anymore. Arteta and Fellaini can both fill the 'defensive' midfield role and they can also play balls into the feet, and even in Arteta's case dictate the play for us.

Carsley couldn't do that. He could tackle and protected the back four, but we've moved on from that. He's not needed.

NomadskiEFC

Im a bit confused why some dont think we need a good defensive midfielder.  Essien and before him Makalele for Chelsea, Mascherano for RS, Song for Arsenal, and when hes fit Hargreaves for Manure for the "big four". The you have the likes of Palacios (sic?) Reo Coker, Diarra etc etc etc

Most teams have defensive midfielders, even those that play possesion football. Fellaini is in no way a good defensive midfielder, at all. He cant tackle, too slow to react, and frankly spends too much time chasing bunnies to be effective as a shield.

We havent moved on from Carsley, we just havent replaced him. I thought Neville would do a job as that, and hes better than Fellaini for the role, but still lacking vs Carsley from a few years back.

Blarg - I had Reid in mind when I said Cars being best defensive midfielder weve had for ages, ages being 20 years hehe.

NomadskiEFC