• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

August 12, 2022, 01:48:07 pm

What is the catch?

Started by blueblood1988, December 09, 2009, 06:21:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

blueblood1988

Everton want to sign midfielder donavon on loan, With arteta, neville osman expected to return in january that should give us an attacking midfield options of:

Arteta, Osman, Cahill, Pienaar, Fellaini, Bilyaletdinov, Gosling with Heitinga, Rodwell and Neville in the deeper positions

That is 10 players for a midfield 4 or 5, makes me curious as to who may be on their way out ala pienaar or who might be a crocked ala arteta. Just a thought as i know moyes likes to keep the squad tight. If he knew he had at least the majority of the 10 players availale i very much doubt he'd be in the loan market for another player considering the high wage bill as it is. one to ponder....   :huh:

blueblood1988

Confucius

We going to need more bodies irrespective. This squad has been playing non stop with all the injuries. We going to resta  few now and then, why its called a squad
He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with stinky finger..

blargins

he's only with us 3 months which means we can allow Arteta extra time to get back up to speed.
Well, whores will have their trinkets.

ally2

Jo gone in summer perhaps and Donovan almost certainly won't stay unless something special happens.  Plus not many of those can play right wing properly.  Rodwell needs to chill out a bit too and Heitinga may end up in defence.

benuski

Donovan can also play up top in the second striker role, so we could use him in a 4-4-1-1.

blueblood1988

I can see with the right wing theory we need bodies there. good point on rodwell agree he needs to chill out a bit and spend some time on the bench learn his trade slowly, plus gosling is not good enough yet living off that liverpool goal in the same way rafa is with the 3-3 milan game! in that case maybe moyes will be looking to play a technical player in the middle of the park and have donavan for wide options. Still think someone will be off in january, just have this feeling but i dont think it will be a lescott style saga more of a mutual parting beneficial for both parties.

Thom

No one will be sold in January. Moyes couldn't afford to let anyone go and Kenwright wouldn't dream of selling under Moyes' nose. Donovan is coming in because we need another midfield option. Regardless of the injury situation, we need cover especially out wide.

aylesbury blue

Witht he small squad being made to play every week despite knocks and small injuries and the flurry of activity over the christamas period then suspensions which usually come around about this time and giving the returning faces a little longer then I reckon it's a top signing.

Squad depth is a major factor!!!
Phil Jagielka's best mate and the best player to have played with Tony Cottee....2 brief descriptions of Richie Boyle.

montanatoffeefan

Quote from: blueblood1988I can see with the right wing theory we need bodies there. good point on rodwell agree he needs to chill out a bit and spend some time on the bench learn his trade slowly, plus gosling is not good enough yet living off that liverpool goal in the same way rafa is with the 3-3 milan game! in that case maybe moyes will be looking to play a technical player in the middle of the park and have donavan for wide options. Still think someone will be off in january, just have this feeling but i dont think it will be a lescott style saga more of a mutual parting beneficial for both parties.

That scenario has Pienaar written all over it. If we swap Pienaar for Landon Donovan, I will weep blood.

Endless, Nameless

Quote from: montanatoffeefan
Quote from: blueblood1988I can see with the right wing theory we need bodies there. good point on rodwell agree he needs to chill out a bit and spend some time on the bench learn his trade slowly, plus gosling is not good enough yet living off that liverpool goal in the same way rafa is with the 3-3 milan game! in that case maybe moyes will be looking to play a technical player in the middle of the park and have donavan for wide options. Still think someone will be off in january, just have this feeling but i dont think it will be a lescott style saga more of a mutual parting beneficial for both parties.

That scenario has Pienaar written all over it. If we swap Pienaar for Landon Donovan, I will weep blood.

That won't happen... right!? :shakeyheadman:
"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute. Set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Endless, Nameless

"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute. Set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."