• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Everton's Europa League opponents in the next round

Started by FSF, December 10, 2009, 04:49:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FSF

Will be one of the following. The list of definites is those teams from the CL or EL who are definitely going to be seeded. The probables are those who top their EL group at the minute, and the teams who may finish top after the last games next week.

Definites:

Juventus
Wolfsburg
Marseille
Unirea Urziceni
Sporting Lisbon
Galatasaray
Salzburg
Fenerbahce
Benfica
Shakhtar Donetsk
PSV

Probables:

Ajax/Anderlecht
Valencia/Lille/Genoa
Hamburg/Hapoel Tel Aviv
Roma/Basel
Werder Bremen/Athletic Bilbao

Anderlecht need to beat Ajax away to finish top;
Valencia need a draw or win in their last game away to Genoa to finish top, Lille are home to Slavia Prague. Genoa would need a 2 goal victory against Valencia, and for Lille not to beat Prague to come top;
Hapoel Tel Aviv need to beat Hamburg at home to finish top;
Roma are away to CSKA Sofia in their last game - a win guarantees them top spot, but a draw will do if Basel/Fulham draw their game;
Bilbao need at least a 2 goal home victory against Bremen to finish top.

Risky

Some good teams in there, although we can't draw Benfica as they were in our group.

http://www.last.fm/user/riskycollie"; target="_blank" style="display:block;overflow:hidden;height:20px;width:184px;background:url(http://cdn.last.fm/widgets/images/en/header/chart/recenttracks_regular_black.png) no-repeat 0 -20px;text-decoration:none;border:0;">
http://cdn.last.fm/widgets/chart/19.swf"; codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0"; id="lfmEmbed_1261171572" width="184" height="179"> http://cdn.last.fm/widgets/chart/19.swf"; />

FSF

Indeed, apologies I should have taken them out.

Connavar

I fancy us, at full strength against any of them probables.

1244liam

Where's Liverpool, there not seeded in the next round either:

Murf666

Quote from: 1244liamWhere's Liverpool, there not seeded in the next round either:

Neither will we be.  We can only face seeded teams.  As neither us or Liverpool are seeded, we won't be facing each other.
There's nobody better than Murf667, she's the best little Evertonian I know!

moysies ginner pubes

provided we dont suffer any more setbacks with regards to injuries and the likes of yak, pienaar and arteta perform like we know they can i wont fear anyone in this competition.

oh i'll start alreight. n when a do, i'll it dee dat ard, eif o one o thee legs u'll fall off.

Polledreng

Quote from: Murf666
Quote from: 1244liamWhere's Liverpool, there not seeded in the next round either:

Neither will we be.  We can only face seeded teams.  As neither us or Liverpool are seeded, we won't be facing each other.
wrong al teams coming down from the CL are seeded ....  but 2 teams from the same nation can't be drawn together

DaveyB

[/quote]
wrong al teams coming down from the CL are seeded ....  but 2 teams from the same nation can't be drawn together
[/quote]
Liverpool had to win or draw last night to be seeded for the Europa League - they lost so they're not seeded.

top flight for a long time

If we win the group (not likely but still mathematically possible) would we then replace Benfica as the seeded team?

Still can't draw Liverpool but for us to be seeded and them not would be fantastic.
We're forever Everton....

Polledreng

Quote from: DaveyB
[/quote]
Liverpool had to win or draw last night to be seeded for the Europa League - they lost so they're not seeded.
[/quote]
correct  ....  I was sure it was all CL teams ... now I know it's only the 4 best cl teams   liverpool offcourse isn't one of these ...lolol

NomadskiEFC

Considering everyone in the media poo poo's the Europa League like its the league cup, theres some wicked teams in the draw.

Deserves more respect as a competition imo.

BlueWool

It's not really about respect, more cold hard currency. Nobody fancies the Europa League because the rewards are pitiful compared to the CL.

Midfield General

Quote from: BlueWoolIt's not really about respect, more cold hard currency. Nobody fancies the Europa League because the rewards are pitiful compared to the CL.
I'm not really up on the stats regarding what clubs can earn from the EL but I was under the impression that the reason it was revamped was to make it more profitable?
Work is the curse of the drinking class!

"How do you expect Lineker to miss from there...He doesn't!" John Motson, F.A Cup quarter final at White Hart Lane, 1986.

EFC Elliot

Quote from: top flight 107If we win the group (not likely but still mathematically possible) would we then replace Benfica as the seeded team?

Still can't draw Liverpool but for us to be seeded and them not would be fantastic.

we cant win the group, we can end on the same points as benfica, but it goes on head to head and not goal difference and they won both legs.... convincingly!