• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

August 08, 2022, 11:37:08 pm

Coleman not getting carried away

Started by NewsBot, December 10, 2009, 09:22:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

Seamus Coleman insists his feet are still firmly planted on the ground following his man of the match performance against Tottenham.

The 21 year old played a part in both of Everton's goals in the 2-2 draw at Goodison, but he told EvertonTV that he wasn't expecting to start against Chelsea at the weekend.

"I'm not going to look too far ahead of myself; I did alright on Sunday but Chelsea are a big team. John Heitinga is back from suspension and if I'm even in the squad, I'll be happy. It's great to be involved with Everton," he revealed.

"I want to play, everyone wants to play, but I'm not going to be unrealistic. I know I've a lot to learn still, I'm just happy to be involved with the matchday squad. It'd be great to play every week, I'm not sure that's going to happen, but I hope it will some day.

"It (the Spurs game) is only one game and one game is not going to make me a player, so I need to push on."

The right back also stated that his hometown, Killybegs, was buzzing following his performance.

"I've had loads of texts from people back home," he revealed. "I didn't get a chance to get back to everyone, but it's been quite busy with all the good wishes. It's great to know that people from home have been looking on with interest.

"People in my hometown are really delighted for me. My dad said the whole town was buzzing for me! It's good to do them proud."

Lewis

Quote from: NewsBot"I'm not going to look too far ahead of myself; I did alright on Sunday but Chelsea are a big team.

Abit unfair on Spurs IMO..

Lewis