• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

August 08, 2022, 11:48:19 pm

Yobo to miss Christmas fixtures

Started by NewsBot, December 10, 2009, 09:18:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

Joseph Yobo has been ruled out until the New Year.

The Nigerian centre back suffered a hamstring strain during the Merseyside derby, and tried to take part on Everton's match against Tottenham last Sunday. However, the 28 year old lasted just 15 minutes and scans have revealed that he will miss Everton's run of fixture during the Christmas period.

"A scan carried out showed that it was a familiar hamstring injury [and] that I should rest until the end of the year," Yobo told BBC Sport.

"They (doctors) anticipate that I should be fully back at the end of December. Unfortunately that will cost me a chance to help out my club at this demanding and crucial stage of the season."

"Everton means a lot to me because it is my second family but my thoughts and prayers will be with the team while I recover," he added.

"Hopefully I will return a better and fitter player at the beginning of 2010, a special year for Nigeria football.

"The physiotherapists have got a grip of the situation and the method of perfect recovery and that is the path we are taking at the moment."

blargins

So he'll recover in time for the ACN then? That's good.

Wonder if we could send Hibbert in his place. Do you think they'd notice?

Any news on Distin?
Well, whores will have their trinkets.

blueToffee

You've got to say playing both Yobo and Distin when their hamstrings weren't right has proven very costly. You'd have thought we'd have learnt the lesson with Distin.

I guess our CB pairing is Heitinga and either Neill/Hibbert unless Duffy is ready to step up ala Coleman. I haven't seen Duffy much though so don't know on that one but I thought he looked capable in the Europa game, but obviously you have to consider the opposition. I don't like playing players out of position so I'd honestly give Duffy a chance in a game at Goodison.

That leaves an issue in midfield and do we have to keep playing Rodwell or do we rely on Fellaini in that role with a creative player like Pienaar or Bill next to him.

Endless, Nameless

Quote from: blarginsSo he'll recover in time for the ACN then? That's good.

Wonder if we could send Hibbert in his place. Do you think they'd notice?

Any news on Distin?

lolol

This was expected anyway. Who's next do you reckon? Maybe Howard? Cahill?
"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute. Set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Билялетдинов

next week - hibbert out until february

Билялетдинов