• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

July 02, 2022, 12:22:52 am

Saha and Pienaar contracts

Started by Blueney-tunes, December 10, 2009, 09:40:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueney-tunes

http://www.football.co.uk/everton/everton_in_for_beckhams_pal_donovan_but_saha_eyes_goodison_exit_rss281034.shtml

I wasnt aware Saha was out of contract next summer...

I know we faff around with external transfers all the time. Cant "Dollar Bill" at least lock down 2 of the better players we have at the club!

Blueney-tunes

blueToffee

Ya its a concern, needs to be sorted out ASAP as losing those players would really shaft us as we couldn't afford to replace them.

Chris

Don't think Saha will be going anyway.

Regarding Pienaar, i'm resigned to him leaving. He could play at the top top level. We really should pay him as much as he wants to try and keep him.

blargins

Pienaar is the one I want us to get most.

Saha may have it in him for one more season, but I have a feeling this will be his last top season. He's done very well injury wise this year, but I don't know how long that will last. So we should be thinking long term replacement anyway.
Well, whores will have their trinkets.

Dove of Love

Yakubu just isnt hiself at the moment and looks no where near getting back to his best. I know it takes time to find the form that he was at and suerly his confidence would be knocked, but with that amount of time being away from the game you should really be chomping at the bit. He hasnt shown this eagerness for me. So therfore Saha is a must to tie down as without him, our striking options at the moment are not the most convincing.

fast lane

Quote from: ChrisDon't think Saha will be going anyway.

Regarding Pienaar, i'm resigned to him leaving. He could play at the top top level. We really should pay him as much as he wants to try and keep him.

I'm not, but we must sort out a new contract before the World Cup.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

Ridge

The Pienaar concerns have rumbled for a while, mainly because there was talk of a new contract but no agreement. I'm sure we will look at this again in january, but he might want to wait till after the world cup as he will be 29 when his contract ends so will be his last big one.

Saha is 31 and we are not going to sign him longer term on large wages, he's been great especially this season, but there is no need to panic. He will stay while he is in this form, stays injury free and I can't see Sunderland offering enough to tempt us to sell before the end of his contract.

Jamokachi

I'll not read much into an article written by someone incapable of structuring a sentance.

Chaz

Quote from: JamokachiI'll not read much into an article written by someone incapable of structuring a sentance.

If you're going to criticize someone's grammar, you could at least get your own spelling right.
Everyone's a building burning, with no-one to put the fire out.

Jamokachi

Sentence.

Jeez. Was it your article?

My point stands. That article was utter bollocks.

Blueney-tunes

Quote from: Chaz
Quote from: JamokachiI'll not read much into an article written by someone incapable of structuring a sentance.

If you're going to criticize someone's grammar, you could at least get your own spelling right.

Brilliant!

Ridge

Criticise.

I assume your not American? :whistle:

Endless, Nameless

Pienaar:
We bought him for a fraction what he is worth
He is good enough for almost any team
He is a constant performer

Therefore, if Everton are to continue their tradition of selling off our greatest assets, then he'll be gone before you can say: "Destination Kirkby".

Saha will get another contract. The club loves him, the fans love him and I think he loves this club. At the very least he appreciates the faith we showed by signing him and giving him another chance. I think he'll last another 2 or 3 seasons at a good level, and I wouldn't mind having him as an impact sub after that (ie Kanu).
"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute. Set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Jamokachi

Quote from: Blueney-tunes

Brilliant!

I'd just like to point out I wasn't having a go at you mate. Just the article you posted a link to.

chang

I fear Pienaar will leave too, but to a degree Everton did rescue his career.

I must get 7/10 for spelling and grammar, maybe more :blush:

chang