Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues

What is the lowest amount of points you would feel content with receiving back from the appeal?

5%
1-3
7%
4-6
53%
7-9
10%
25%

Total votes: 59

NickNack

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - 4 Points Back

Just waiting for the add on “you can appeal but face the risk of the penalties being increased”

Wouldn’t put anything past these fuckers
74Blue

Goaljira wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:02 pm It's only a quagmire if we both finish within whatever the deduction is of 17th.

Screenshot_20240315_200050_Photo&PictureResizer_copy_402x212.jpg
There's a bit more to it than that I'm afraid, as there is the issue of the distribution of prize money foe final PL standings. If they deduct points from either team, and the deductions are appealed, then the PL cannot award any prize money to any team intil the results of the appeals have been announced and the league.placings adjusted accordingly. If, as expected, this drags on into the summer, then the PL are restricting the abiliity of all clubs in the PL to spend, making what is already a relatively short transfer window even shorter.

Let's say, for instance We finish 15th and Forest 16th, then the PL deduct points that effectively relegate both clubs. They hand out prize money to say, Luton and Burnley, who are elevated to 16th and 17th place as a result of the points deductions and both clubs decide to invest for another season of PL football. Then, middle of Summer, Everton and Forest both have points handed back on appeal, meaning that they now stay up in 16th and 17th places, now sending Burnley and Luton down. They've already spent the prize money, so they're already going to be put in a very difficult situation now playing in a.league with far more stringent P&S rules.
What about the players They've signed, based upon the assumption that they will be playing in the PL. How will they feel about now plying their trade in the Championship, likely on a mich lower wage than they had agreed as a.PL signing through absolutely nonfault of their own.
Just considering that aspect of the process goes to show what a complete and utter clusterfuck this whole affair has been fron the very beginning, and how the impact of the whole process affects far more than just the two teams that have been charged, due to the complete ineptitude of the PL.
Sooner the government caery out their threat to have the PL regulated independently, the betrer.
Cereal Killer

74Blue wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:50 pm There's a bit more to it than that I'm afraid, as there is the issue of the distribution of prize money foe final PL standings. If they deduct points from either team, and the deductions are appealed, then the PL cannot award any prize money to any team intil the results of the appeals have been announced and the league.placings adjusted accordingly. If, as expected, this drags on into the summer, then the PL are restricting the abiliity of all clubs in the PL to spend, making what is already a relatively short transfer window even shorter.

Let's say, for instance We finish 15th and Forest 16th, then the PL deduct points that effectively relegate both clubs. They hand out prize money to say, Luton and Burnley, who are elevated to 16th and 17th place as a result of the points deductions and both clubs decide to invest for another season of PL football. Then, middle of Summer, Everton and Forest both have points handed back on appeal, meaning that they now stay up in 16th and 17th places, now sending Burnley and Luton down. They've already spent the prize money, so they're already going to be put in a very difficult situation now playing in a.league with far more stringent P&S rules.
What about the players They've signed, based upon the assumption that they will be playing in the PL. How will they feel about now plying their trade in the Championship, likely on a mich lower wage than they had agreed as a.PL signing through absolutely nonfault of their own.
Just considering that aspect of the process goes to show what a complete and utter clusterfuck this whole affair has been fron the very beginning, and how the impact of the whole process affects far more than just the two teams that have been charged, due to the complete ineptitude of the PL.
Sooner the government caery out their threat to have the PL regulated independently, the betrer.
But they can hand out prize money to all the important teams that, so it’ll all be ok. Those little teams down the bottom don’t really matter that much and they shouldn’t be allowed to spend anyway
Cozzie

When do you think we can expect to hear about Forest then?

Presume around lunchtime I'd imagine.
Cozzie

4 points for Forest.
Cozzie

This should be good news no?

Apparently their breach was bigger than ours? We have every right to kick off if we are to get more than 4 I would have thought.
Goaljira

Without knowing the extent of their overspend, or our latest one, its hard to know whether its good or bad. Aboloshes the thing from our appeal that 6pts needs to be the minimum though.
Shogun

If that Guardian article about the Johnson defence is true and that excuse wasn't thrown out then it's a bit of a joke.

Our appeal report was full of "this could happen to any team, e.g. in the event of injury" whereby a club loses out in selling a player when it came to our Sigurdsson stuff.
weimaranerblues

Fuck that , 6pts for us going over by 19.5 m yet they get 4pts for £ not yet known. Can see us getting another 2pts making it 8pts then

4pts for each breach if it's not dependent on how much over
Bluedylan1

It is a bit wild like.

Don't forget they initially wanted to give us 12 points, and they did give us 10 points.

Forest get 4, and will appeal that. They bought 42 players in a year at a spend of £250m.

Wild.
Blueomar

un-fucking-believable
Cozzie

Does make you wonder what they actually breached by.

Still don't know the extent of our second breach either.
Cozzie

Still gonna end in an absolute cluster fuck this.

If we are both appealing with both appeal results likely to be heard after the season ends it's gonna be a nightmare. Not just for us.

Best scenario is we simply start winning games again where a deduction doesn't hinder us.
Shogun

IC on Everton "I don't know that feels like a 10 pointer to me"

IC on Forest "pfft. What do we reckon, 4 points? The pub is closing soon"

IC on Man City... I wonder.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic