Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues

What is the lowest amount of points you would feel content with receiving back from the appeal?

5%
1-3
7%
4-6
53%
7-9
10%
25%

Total votes: 59

Bluedylan1

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

I think the entire thing is a shambles.

We have some grounds for feeling aggrieved, for getting twice the deduction of Forest for the same breach, Forest have some grounds to feel aggrieved because their threshold is lower, having been in the Championship and it feels wrong to punish a club for buying players and trying to stay in the league (which they did), and then clubs like Luton and others can feel aggrieved that the punishments are all over the place, and they don't know from one week to the next what they need to do to survive.

Turned it into Sunday league.
CraigS...

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - 4 Points Back

Escla wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:03 pm Just noticed on the Club stement tgat we are appealing ! Honestly don’t see the point.
Wonder who in the club has made this decision ?
Is the appeal not about when the 2 points will be added (taken away) as we would now have 2 time frames in the same year , so get them moved on to next season
AjaxAndy

We get 6 points deducted, Forest got 4 points deducted for double the breach, we then get a further 2 points but with potentially more applied at a later date.

I mean it's not like every single time the have to make a decision it makes even less sense than the last time or anything 🤨
brap2

Gash wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:40 pm
Don't think it will be the stadium but maybe something we have been able to capitalised in our own accounts as stadium costs, that the league disagree with.

I think I recall the esk and co talking about interest on loans that we've since capitalised in the accounts as stadium that the prem weren't having were stadium related.
Escla

American Evertonian wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:33 pm Honestly, I think the only reason we are appealing is because Forest is. If we were 10 clear and no fear of being relegated I think we would just accept it and move on.

Forest appealing means they could get any amount of points back so if it is us or them at the end of the season it may come down to an appeal. We need to keep our foot in the door just in case it comes down to that where an appeal will give us a chance once the matches have ended.

It’s a shame we can’t appeal the first deduction again. I’m certain we could get that reduced to 4 points based on Forest’s punishment.
I was certain that I read when Forest appealed that if the PL found that to be unfounded or frivolous they might even increase the penalty, as it is with Red card appeals ? I mean if there is no potential downside to an appeal then surely an appeal is 100% certain to be lodged on every occasion, why would the PL want that ?
Last edited by Escla on Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cantoffee

Looks like this second commission has accepted some of our mitigation re USM. Despite the first commission rejecting it?

It's a total farce. Honestly we probably deserve to be punished harshly but the rules and penalties make no sense. It's amateur stuff.

Gary1878

The whole FFP process has been farcical, but it angers me just as much about how bad the club has been in terms of it's mismanagement of it's own finances. The club have a lot to answer for.

The thing that really shocked me is how our wage/turnover ratio is still 92.3%. How can the club let it get to a situation where we only have 7.7% wiggle room for all other costs (not including net transfer spend). £159m. Who in the squad is getting paid that kind of money? Even 25 players on £100k a week is only £130m. It's an incredible amount of money for such a poor squad of players, arguably half of which is only championship quality. It's laughable.

The more you look into everything, the more the current management deserve everything that is thrown at them. Just losses and mistakes everywhere you look.

Its always us fans that end up suffering.
74Blue

Gash wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:46 pm Our combined breach is around £35m for two periods, Forest's was around £35m for one period but we got double the points deduction, I would say it's them that have come out of it better.
That's not quite true though. Our deduction was actually treble the amount that Forest received, effectively reduced to double on appeal. We have been deducted 12 points thus season and received 4 back on appeal. Forest still have an appeal to come too.
Blueomar

Gary1878 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:49 pm The whole FFP process has been farcical, but it angers me just as much about how bad the club has been in terms of it's mismanagement of it's own finances. The club have a lot to answer for.

The thing that really shocked me is how our wage/turnover ratio is still 92.3%. How can the club let it get to a situation where we only have 7.7% wiggle room for all other costs (not including net transfer spend). £159m. Who in the squad is getting paid that kind of money? Even 25 players on £100k a week is only £130m. It's an incredible amount of money for such a poor squad of players, arguably half of which is only championship quality. It's laughable.

The more you look into everything, the more the current management deserve everything that is thrown at them. Just losses and mistakes everywhere you look.

Its always us fans that end up suffering.
Perhaps paying off managerial staff millions every year when we sack them has contributed to that.
StirlingBlue

Cantoffee wrote:Looks like this second commission has accepted some of our mitigation re USM. Despite the first commission rejecting it?

It's a total farce. Honestly we probably deserve to be punished harshly but the rules and penalties make no sense. It's amateur stuff.

My gut feel is that first commission were overly harsh so second have gone too lenient to make up for it - which is absolute bollocks.

Also, if we do go down by within 2 points then I expect a massive legal battle about the fact that we’re getting charged twice in one season
Zoolander

I’m pleased it’s only two points (so far). But seriously this is an absolute shambles. We’ve known for years that Bill and Moshiri were running the club like irresponsible drunken sailors (hence the fan protests) but the premier league are somehow contriving to show themselves as even more inept. Or corrupt.
This latest commission completely contradicts the first and 17 points the premier league have asked for us to be deducted- unbelievable.
StirlingBlue

brap2 wrote: Don't think it will be the stadium but maybe something we have been able to capitalised in our own accounts as stadium costs, that the league disagree with.

I think I recall the esk and co talking about interest on loans that we've since capitalised in the accounts as stadium that the prem weren't having were stadium related.
If it’s in the actual audited accounts then I’ve got more faith in Crowe’s decision than I have any PL panel given they’ve been all over the place to date.

Strange thing for me though is why we wouldn’t continue appealing the first 6 points on that basis
StirlingBlue

Escla wrote: I was certain that I read when Forest appealed that if the PL found that to be unfounded or frivolous they might even increase the penalty, as it is with Red card appeals ? I mean if there is no potential downside to an appeal then surely an appeal is 100% certain to be lodged on every occasion, why would the PL want that ?
Surely we’re appealing the two sentences in one season if nothing else
Granite

So that’ll be a hearing next season to conclude this breach, then there’s the anticipated breach off the back on the 22/23 accounts. Points deductions are being scrapped as of next season so we’re probably looking at a transfer ban or fine. Joy.
Escla

StirlingBlue wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:27 pm Surely we’re appealing the two sentences in one season if nothing else
Yes that’s a possibility, but why didn’t we state that in mitigation ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic