Today's Football 2023-24

Chat about football that isn't Everton in here
Goaljira

Re: Today's Football 2023-24

Shogun wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:54 pm Moyes decided to sit West Ham on their own box the whole match (1 shot versus 31) just to lose two goals on corners anyway.
This post needs a trigger warning.
TheRam

Lol at the red men
Sir Stealth

Just got 16/1 on them to win the europa league outright - classic heartbreak insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shogun

Big Virg keeping them onside for Atalanta's second and third goal.
Goaljira

They've previous for being 3-0 down at half time against Italian opposition. Not falling for that one again.
biziclop

Shogun wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:05 pm Big Virg keeping them onside for Atalanta's second and third goal.
It's all Pickford's fault.
StirlingBlue

Fuck me, have you seen that video of the Saudi cup final with the losing player getting whipped by a bloke in the stands?

https://www.firstpost.com/sports/footba ... 7.html/amp

Absolutely mental
Blueomar

StirlingBlue wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:35 am Fuck me, have you seen that video of the Saudi cup final with the losing player getting whipped by a bloke in the stands?

https://www.firstpost.com/sports/footba ... 7.html/amp

Absolutely mental
I guess when you bring your whip you don't need to craft a Milwall Brick. :lol:
Shogun

Anyone else think that this 'Haaland is absolutely terrible apart from scoring goals' is being completely overblown at the moment?
Audrey Horne

Shogun wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:29 pm Anyone else think that this 'Haaland is absolutely terrible apart from scoring goals' is being completely overblown at the moment?
He has been off it lately but yeah … just another symptom of an over reactive strange little world
TheRam

I don’t think he’s that good when compared to other great strikers though.

Obviously a great player in his own right and will break all kinds of records but I’m having players like aguero, Henry, even kane over him all day.
Shogun

TheRam wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:01 pm I don’t think he’s that good when compared to other great strikers though.

Obviously a great player in his own right and will break all kinds of records but I’m having players like aguero, Henry, even kane over him all day.
Yeah I don't think he's magical on the ball or anything but Keane calling him League Two standard and Carragher calling him the ultimate luxury player is pure hyperbole.
Bluedylan1

I think you don't see a lot of his skillset playing for City, because almost everyone plays low block against them and because they are quite slow and deliberate in their build up. In Germany he was a monster with space to run into/behind the defence. You almost never see that version of him at City, because most teams are camped out on the edge of their box and there is no space.

If he ever moves to a team with lots of transitions and pace again, he'll show his full range of power, pace and finishing. When KDB plays, he does have the ability to find him quickly and you see a bit more of that dynamic threat that he has. I still think when he's quiet in games though, he's doing his job by occupying 2/3 players and allowing overloads elsewhere on the pitch.

He's not a technical wizard in tight space like an Aguero. He's more like an upmarket Lukaku.
Goaljira

This match tonight might be the best pair of kits I've seen together all season.
Shogun

Be hilarious if Leicester lose/drop points again. Tough fixtures to end the season as well, although three of the four are at home. Southampton H, West Brom H, Preston A and Blackburn H.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic