Relegation

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Kerryblueboy

Re: Relegation

TheRam wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:27 pm Not sure the team who’s had eight points deducted can consider themselves lucky.
I meant results wise no need to jump on everything I post man
Escla

Shogun wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:30 pm Not sure what fixtures you're looking at :lol:
Next year Championship :D : :snigger:
Gary1878

Draws are terrible for those teams around us. Wins are what keep you up.
Gary1878

Shogun wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:31 pm Put this together because some people (okay, me) found it useful last season.

1) This is a tracker, not a predictor
2) I've made the assumption Burnley and Sheffield United are down
3) I've made the assumption that nobody wins in the matches between the teams involved, hence the draws
4) I've made the assumption the points needed this season will be lower and I've gone for 34
5) I've made the assumption that we'll have the strongest goal difference

Good stuff mate. Forest at home is a huge game.
Goaljira

TheRam wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:27 pm Not sure the team who’s had eight points deducted can consider themselves lucky.
Lucky in the sense that it's this season it's happened. Ant other season and 8pts would be insurmountable.
Sir Stealth

Mentally I’ve got everyone above us as safe, Burnley and Sheff U as gone and then it’s one from us, Luton and Forest to go down. 2 points ahead with 2 games in hand gives us an advantage, however Chelsea and Liverpool are tough games in hand to have

Draws against Forest and Luton and a win against Sheff U will probably be enough to keep us up, though would make for an extremely nervy end of season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gary1878

It’s absolutely all in our hands.

Forest have 5 games left, one of which is us and the other Man City away. It’s a big game that against Forest as it would really put us clear of them.

We have 4 games that we really should be winning. In reality, all we need to do is get another 7/8 points and that will be enough given that the other teams have only 5 games left.

Beating Forest and assuming they lose to City, that leaves them with a lot to do. It’s not impossible for them, but it’s just really unlikely for them to finish above us unless their appeal yields something unexpected.

Another 8 points from our 7 games will mean that Luton need to win 4 games out of 5. Beating them (even drawing) will make that task for them extremely difficult.
CannockPricey

In no way do I really want to be going into a game against Luton thinking about a draw but the cold hard maths of it at this stage of the season is that if you are trying to plot a route to safety for Luton, it very very probably involves beating us so as much as it seems like sacrilege to say it, a draw really wouldn't be a bad result at all.
In a world full of adversity, we must still dare to dream.
Bob Sacamano

Can see anything other than conceding in 97th minute header from that lump they have up front. Barkley assist. 1-0 Luton.
Evertonian in NC

(apologies for being an idjit and posting twice)
Last edited by Evertonian in NC on Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evertonian in NC

Safe as houses (ain't that what y'all say?). Forest and Luton are so, so bad. And with 2 already dead and buried, we just need to finish above ONE.
777Kidnappings

We are over 8to1 to be relegated now. Surprised its that big.
Dchans

Yeah this weekend really helped - anything from Chelsea is a bonus - win and we are pretty much safe given who else the others have to play

Forest in big big trouble
Sir Stealth

Dchans wrote:Yeah this weekend really helped - anything from Chelsea is a bonus - win and we are pretty much safe given who else the others have to play

Forest in big big trouble
I think whoever wins in us v Forest is safe. The loser is battling it out with Luton for survival. Draw and it’s all up in the air. Would majorly fancy Forest to beat Sheff U and Burnley

Escla

Sir Stealth wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:41 am I think whoever wins in us v Forest is safe. The loser is battling it out with Luton for survival. Draw and it’s all up in the air. Would majorly fancy Forest to beat Sheff U and Burnley

V Shef Utd. And Burnley that’s 6 points guaranteed for Forest.
Locked Previous topicNext topic