Relegation

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
777Kidnappings

Re: Relegation

Think burnley will give forest a game. They are weirdly confident despite being shit. They'll play their way and have a go at forest regardless

Looking at our fixtures a win against Luton or forest would make it very difficult for us to be relegated
Juanito

Think we are safe this season but next season I worry more. Teams coming up will be better than the three that go down and everything about our financial predicament says we will have a worse squad. If we sell Branthwaite and put Keane in that’s automatic relegation and Derby County levels of points .
Paddockoldie

Got some winnable games Luton... we need to make sure ours isn't one of them
cassius

I'm sure the teams who come up next year will be stronger than the three this year, but they'll still be shit.

They won't be able to invest like Forrest did and they'll still largely have good Championship squads.

I'd hope we'd be able to compete with them for the bottom 4 places next season, with or without Branthwaite and Onana.
777Kidnappings

Don't think there's anything to fear from the 3 coming up. The top 3 can't win a game in the championship currently. Leicester will probably start the season with a points deduction. Being better than this years teams is a low bar

If we stay up there's no reason we can't compete with them 3 forest or Luton, Brentford and Palace. We are shit but so are plenty of others
superpull

Can see more points deductions being bandied about for the next couple of seasons till the new rules come in

But agree the winner of us v Forest is probably safe
Silas

Think we are safe as now. Fortunately several teams are out shitting us.
Mouse

Escla wrote: V Shef Utd. And Burnley that’s 6 points guaranteed for Forest.
Fortunately football doesn’t work that way. Who’ll be more relaxed and play with more freedom? Who knows? No points are guaranteed.
Cantoffee

Point vs Chelsea and three vs Forest and we're safe.

Would be nice to get mostly safe with a few games left to relieve some pressure.

More likely that we are right in it up to the final 2/3 matches because we are not very good.
Escla

Mouse wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:38 pm Fortunately football doesn’t work that way. Who’ll be more relaxed and play with more freedom? Who knows? No points are guaranteed.
I guess Crystal Palace proved that point quite nicely today !
74Blue

There are no foregone conclusions in the Premier League. Just look at the slog that we made of it against an absolute shite Sheffield United at Bramall Lane earlier in the season. We should have absolutely fucking tonked them, but in the end were lucky to come away with a point.
bigmanbob

We need to be safe before the last game, there is absolutely no chance of us getting anything vs Arsenal
Gary1878

Next season depends on if we have Jarrad or not.

With him next year, no chance we are getting relegated.

Without him, we could struggle. He has been such an upgrade for us.

And by the way, well done to the management team by not signing Coady and allowing Jarrad to come through. That really is excellent work.

Not so bothered about Onana - I think he is replaceable in the kind of team and strategy that we have.
Silas

Gary1878 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:15 am Next season depends on if we have Jarrad or not.

With him next year, no chance we are getting relegated.

Without him, we could struggle. He has been such an upgrade for us.

And by the way, well done to the management team by not signing Coady and allowing Jarrad to come through. That really is excellent work.

Not so bothered about Onana - I think he is replaceable in the kind of team and strategy that we have.
We have a strategy? Agree about Coady though he was fine for what he was
NickNack

No way are we beating Forest or Luton - they can both score goals. They concede them as well like but that’s not an issue playing us
Locked Previous topicNext topic