Dyche

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Shogun

Re: Dyche

Cods wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:33 am I'm not defending him, as he is who we have now, and little seems likely to change any time soon.

But I don't see how quoting fans from a former team provides any objectivity, unless you want to compare their forums with one of ours once a player or managers decides to move on. Neither carry much if any weight or insight at all.
Sounds like when the Wigan and Swansea fans warned us about Martinez and we just laughed them off...
Cods

Shogun wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:35 am Sounds like when the Wigan and Swansea fans warned us about Martinez and we just laughed them off...
Nah, it doesn't.

Whilst you're always going to have fans that do, or do not, like a manager/player they've got, once they've chosen to move on from the club, there is heavy bias against from the fans, as they need to move on themselves.

If Burnley ran a poll on which manager was their favourite between Dyche and Kompany, my money's on the one that had them finish 7th in the Prem. And that would sound familiar.
Paddockoldie

Can't see how he brings this team back from this situation. He's arrogant in his beliefs that he knows best, when the results show he doesn't. The long ball is demoralising to watch, so must be hard to play, knowing you are giving away possession and then start again. We can't sack him supposedly, but he and his staff need to take a fucking hard look at themselves and admit this doesn't work. Or, the players need to stand up to him and tell him, we can't play this way. Sunday is crunch time, but I bet he goes with Young again and maybe Godfrey at CB if Braithwaite injured. This isn't about points deduction anymore because we had 10 and fought them back. This is about Dyche and his style of play. Going down if he doesn't change.
Kerryblueboy

I love the I’m not defending him but I really am stuff has to go any competent manager wouldn’t have set us up like that last night totally overrun in midfield palmer had no one near him kept pulling Jared out from the back line leaving huge gaps waited until 4-0 to change it
Sir Stealth

I guess we will find out on Sunday to what extent he has lost the dressing room. And also as well if the players just don’t give a shit.

Absolutely sucks that the team are relying on the fans carrying them over the line again but that’s the reality of the situation

Those forum comments definitely do remind me of the Martinez comments from Swansea/Wigan fans!

There is a shelf life with Dyche it seems. The players stop responding to the methods after a while. The Steve Stone bully comments are a bit worrying. The Michael Jackson (not the deceased pop star) bounce after they binned Dyche, was surely at least slightly linked to the players attitudes changing after Dyche going

It’s obviously not all on him, but when you are done you are done. Either way I hope he isn’t our manager next season whether we are in the premier league or in the championship

Feels like our darkest days yet are terrifyingly close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paddockoldie

All of Dyche's backroom staff are his click... they'll never be better than they are or where. The job pays well and when you get rumbled, they pay you all off... what a great number that is.
Kerryblueboy

There was a reason he didn’t get a job after Burnley his methods and man management are from times past he has been found out get rid now freshen it up and move on
Silas

Think the reality is we try and limp to the end of the season and survive which remains more likely than not despite yesterday.
blueforyou

"My worst game in football management"

And that came on the back of a confidence boosting win

Your worst 15 games in football management

Fight or flight? We are taking flight
TheRam

I’ve seen that performance under every manager we’ve had under Moshiri.

There’s a reason why we always find ourselves at this point with managers and it’s not because we hire bad ones.

Until that changes it doesn’t matter who we have in charge.

Sack dyche or not. It doesn’t matter. We’re struggling either way.

Also people should recognise, that, yes, things could be even worse with Leighton Baines in charge.

It’s not worth the risk at this point in the season. Just got to plod on now and reevaluate in the summer.
TheRam

Shogun wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:35 am Sounds like when the Wigan and Swansea fans warned us about Martinez and we just laughed them off...
If they’re the worst comments you can find then I’m not sure it’s the get you think it is.

He completely changed that club over ten years.

By the end of it he stagnated which happens when you spend a lot of time at one club.
Juanito

Attitude of players seems worse since Portugal, style of player even seems worse.

He went there for a team building experience and they have turned against him.

He has to go, roll the dice, Baines can get us through on vibes for a few games.

We won’t have a non existent midfield with Doucoure in a now pointless position and we won’t have Ashley Young on the wing.

Make it happen today.
Juanito

Paddockoldie wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:24 am Can't see how he brings this team back from this situation. He's arrogant in his beliefs that he knows best, when the results show he doesn't. The long ball is demoralising to watch, so must be hard to play, knowing you are giving away possession and then start again. We can't sack him supposedly, but he and his staff need to take a fucking hard look at themselves and admit this doesn't work. Or, the players need to stand up to him and tell him, we can't play this way. Sunday is crunch time, but I bet he goes with Young again and maybe Godfrey at CB if Braithwaite injured. This isn't about points deduction anymore because we had 10 and fought them back. This is about Dyche and his style of play. Going down if he doesn't change.
No, he will play Keane and you know it. You also know he will get booked at 17 mins, score an own goal on 35, give away a pen at the stroke of half time and get sent off on 67, despite it obvious he should be subbed
Dchans

For me he gets Sunday. Win that and we are probably safe given the fixtures everyone has - let’s see what reaction the players give him. Needs to totally change the starting line up though

Lose it and he has to go
Bluedylan1

I dislike him intensely, and have been vocal about it for a while on here, but I think it would be insane to let him go before the end of the season.

I'm more depressed about the prospect of him managing us next season than anything else.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic