Dyche

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Gary1878

Re: Dyche

AjaxAndy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:16 am Just heard an interview with him where he's sort of scathing of the back 5 and Onana and Garner... Especially the last 2 where he mentions people dancing around them and them not anticipating or putting in any tackles, and I fully agree with him.

However that's not the only issue here, we had seemingly no one anchoring the midfield and defending the spaces Palmer was dropping in to, instead we relied on Branthwaite coming out of defence which left us horribly exposed if he didn't win it.

Now was Branthwaite coming out because the midfield weren't doing their job? Maybe, but probably not seeing as we've seen Branthwaite do this lots recently and so it seems to be the tactic Dyche has instructed.

How or why he thought that would work against a Chelsea team with an insanely in form Palmer in the 10 position and rapid pace in front of him I have absolutely no idea... It's baffling.

He also mentions having a go at them which will now feed in to his fear of having a go at teams around us, so the Forest game will be hugely negative and probably see us on the back foot throughout with long aimless balls forward all game.

Not sure I put myself through that tbh
It was noticeable how aggressive we were in the press in the first 10 minutes. It was brave, but also very foolish, and very poorly planned and executed.

It left so much space in the hole for Palmer to work in. And once he gets the ball in space, turns and looks forward towards goal, that means others have to close him down, which leaves space for the wide players to attack the box.
TheRam

Sounds to me like he approached that game as a free hit and went all out pressing from the front.

Issue was soon as it was beat our midfield was out of the game.

Onana and garner were awful last night and neither of them could be arsed getting themselves back to recover.

Onana didn’t even bother. Garner just started to give away fouls like he always does to make it look like he was trying.

Dyche got it horribly wrong but there’s players out there who are letting him down through a lack of commitment and they’re the two main culprits.

Onana is a disgrace imo. You can’t just turn up when you want and not impose yourself because you don’t like the style of football being played.

Garner is just lazy in everything he does. Reminds me of Sigurdsson with how easy he is to play through and how he doesn’t want to do anything with the ball other than cross it.
Gary1878

TheRam wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:38 am Sounds to me like he approached that game as a free hit and went all out pressing from the front.

Onana and garner were awful last night and neither of them could be arsed getting themselves back to recover.

Onana didn’t even bother. Garner just started to give away fouls like he always does to make it look like he was trying.

Dyche got it horribly wrong but there’s players out there who are letting him down through a lack of commitment and they’re the two main culprits.

Onana is a disgrace imo. You can’t just turn up when you want and not impose yourself because you don’t like the style of football being played.

Garner is just lazy in everything he does. Reminds me of Sigurdsson with how easy he is to play through and how he doesn’t want to do anything with the ball other than cross it.
Yep, that’s it in a nutshell.
Cantoffee

He played a midfield 2 against a team that gets 4 players in central midfield at times.

I dont like him but don't see many options until the summer.

Also, this squad is so bad.

Ashley Young is going to retire after this season, Coleman might as well. McNeil is a bottom half prem player, Beto is absolute pants, Garner is a championship midfielder, Onana looks spent.

Myko, Branthwaite and Tarkowski are all prem players but other than Branthwaite none of them are better than bottom half players.

This is the worst group of players we've had and it's going to get worse next season unless we suddenly learn to recruit. Should be binning Thelwell off, absolute joke the squad hesbuilt despite the constraints.
TheRam

https://x.com/ta11271012/status/1780132 ... 97118?s=46

This sums it up.

Garner just sliding in making it look like he’s making an effort to get the ball, taking himself out the game.

Onana just strolling around not interested in trying to impact the play.

Brathwaite was obviously horrible here but the two centre mids have taken themselves out the game so he has to commit.
Gary1878

It was the softest central midfield performance I can remember watching. They were just allowed to do what they wanted in there.
777Kidnappings

TheRam wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:38 am Sounds to me like he approached that game as a free hit and went all out pressing from the front.

Onana is an absolute disgrace and people on here were cheering his lack of effort on because they wouldn't want to play under dyche either. Honestly can't wait to be shut of onana.
TheRam

777Kidnappings wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:51 am Onana is an absolute disgrace and people on here were cheering his lack of effort on because they wouldn't want to play under dyche either. Honestly can't wait to be shut of onana.
Yeah, I find this really grim.

There’s a certain level we should demand as fans and it seems some are willing to let Onana get away with it because he’s not a dyche type player.

He deserves all the criticism he’s getting from other corners for his performance last night and his performances overall for us this season.
Gash

The flick he took on the chin then rolled about like he'd been shot was embarrassing.
Sir Stealth

From here on in it’s a pure dog fight. Can understand Dyche picking someone who he knows will put 100% effort in over someone who is not arsed, even if they are more talented

Whatever happens I can’t fucking wait for this season to be over. Mentally draining

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shogun

Lucky to be here now after last night and the previous 4 months but he's got to go if we get beat by Forest. No point saying "we can't afford to sack him" because I guarantee it'll be a lot more costly to us when he takes us down and if he loses that then I don't know how anyone can have an ounce of faith in him keeping us up whether you blame/rate the squad or not.

We've got a Goodison Merseyside derby, Brentford H, Luton A and Sheffield United H after that. Changing the mood of the club and giving the fans somebody/something to get behind will be our best chance of staying up against that sort of opposition.

You can debate whether Dyche has lost the players but his football has definitely lost the fans. Goodison is as bad as it's ever been with the football (and results) on display this season. The players don't look to have any faith if we fall behind and neither do the fans.
Paddockoldie

I'd have thought at 4 down, he could have tried our youth players for experiences and to see how they reacted. Couldn't have been any worse. What is the point if not at least offering them game time???
AjaxAndy

Paddockoldie wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:00 pm I'd have thought at 4 down, he could have tried our youth players for experiences and to see how they reacted. Couldn't have been any worse. What is the point if not at least offering them game time???
Because instead of 6-0 it maybe becomes 8 or 9 and hurts our chances of staying up on goal difference, and he'd also get absolute dog shit for allowing us to lose by even more by chucking kids on in a absolute battering.
Gary1878

Shogun wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:45 am Lucky to be here now after last night and the previous 4 months but he's got to go if we get beat by Forest. No point saying "we can't afford to sack him" because I guarantee it'll be a lot more costly to us when he takes us down and if he loses that then I don't know how anyone can have an ounce of faith in him keeping us up whether you blame/rate the squad or not.

We've got a Goodison Merseyside derby, Brentford H, Luton A and Sheffield United H after that. Changing the mood of the club and giving the fans somebody/something to get behind will be our best chance of staying up against that sort of opposition.

You can debate whether Dyche has lost the players but his football has definitely lost the fans. Goodison is as bad as it's ever been with the football (and results) on display this season. The players don't look to have any faith if we fall behind and neither do the fans.
To sack Dyche immediately, we have to have an option available that betters our survival chances than continuing to proceed with Dyche.

If you take last night's hammering out of the equation, he has been a very boring, but pretty predictable manager, and now uses a system that the players know. That has to have a better statistical probability of survival rather than most options currently available and willing to come to the club.

Now, you are right in that you can leverage the fans and hope to use his sacking as a bounce. And anyone coming in might be able to produce 1 or 2 wins. But I would argue that is a risky strategy unless you have a good name that you can bring in that you can trust to hit the ground running.

It's all just a little bit shit isn't it.
American Evertonian
Prediction League Champion
Prediction League Champion

Shogun wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:45 am Lucky to be here now after last night and the previous 4 months but he's got to go if we get beat by Forest. No point saying "we can't afford to sack him" because I guarantee it'll be a lot more costly to us when he takes us down and if he loses that then I don't know how anyone can have an ounce of faith in him keeping us up whether you blame/rate the squad or not.

I used to say that there was no point in sacking Dyche this late in the season, but a loss to Forest taking us to 1 win in 16 matches would have to be the final straw. We would be ignorant to expect him to do something different if we lose to Forest. Goals haven’t come and since March, Palmer has scored 10 while Everton have only scored 4. There has been no improvement.

Inaction is taking us down. It’s sad how far we have fallen where people will still defend a man with that horrid of a run. Yes the players are performing poorly, but Dyche is in charge and has to be held accountable. His tactics last night single-handedly wiped out our GD advantage with Forest, which looks like it will end up being very important.
Feed the Yak!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic