Dyche

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Shogun

Re: Dyche

Gary1878 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:12 pm To sack Dyche immediately, we have to have an option available that betters our survival chances than continuing to proceed with Dyche.

If you take last night's hammering out of the equation, he has been a very boring, but pretty predictable manager, and now uses a system that the players know. That has to have a better statistical probability of survival rather than most options currently available and willing to come to the club.

Now, you are right in that you can leverage the fans and hope to use his sacking as a bounce. And anyone coming in might be able to produce 1 or 2 wins. But I would argue that is a risky strategy unless you have a good name that you can bring in that you can trust to hit the ground running.

It's all just a little bit shit isn't it.
I think those are fair points, I also feel like most teams that stay up are able to latch onto something. I think of when we stayed up under Lampard and it was Richarlison who stepped up during the run-in and galvanised the crowd whilst the same thing happened with Raphinha at Leeds that season. Last season we had Doucoure who pulled us out of the mire. I'm not sure anybody looks like doing the same for us this season. Doucs has been awful since he come back into the side and DCL has massively struggled under Dyche. Maybe Danjuma under the right circumstances could do something. I feel like we need to do something that creates a spark that gets one of those players going and as much as some might not like it, the simple act of getting rid of the most negative manager in the league could do that.

Obviously we'll see how it goes and I genuinely hope I'm wrong but I'm looking at Forest coming here with Gibbs-White, Hudson-Odoi and Elanga at the weekend and just don't see how we avoid defeat. None of our players look like they're going to step up under Dyche at the moment.
Juanito

Cantoffee wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:39 am He played a midfield 2 against a team that gets 4 players in central midfield at times.

I dont like him but don't see many options until the summer.

Also, this squad is so bad.

Ashley Young is going to retire after this season, Coleman might as well. McNeil is a bottom half prem player, Beto is absolute pants, Garner is a championship midfielder, Onana looks spent.

Myko, Branthwaite and Tarkowski are all prem players but other than Branthwaite none of them are better than bottom half players.

This is the worst group of players we've had and it's going to get worse next season unless we suddenly learn to recruit. Should be binning Thelwell off, absolute joke the squad hesbuilt despite the constraints.
He should be sacked for Beto.
777Kidnappings

Shogun wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:37 pm I think those are fair points, I also feel like most teams that stay up are able to latch onto something. I think of when we stayed up under Lampard and it was Richarlison who stepped up during the run-in and galvanised the crowd whilst the same thing happened with Raphinha at Leeds that season. Last season we had Doucoure who pulled us out of the mire. I'm not sure anybody looks like doing the same for us this season. Doucs has been awful since he come back into the side and DCL has massively struggled under Dyche. Maybe Danjuma under the right circumstances could do something. I feel like we need to do something that creates a spark that gets one of those players going and as much as some might not like it, the simple act of getting rid of the most negative manager in the league could do that.

Obviously we'll see how it goes and I genuinely hope I'm wrong but I'm looking at Forest coming here with Gibbs-White, Hudson-Odoi and Elanga at the weekend and just don't see how we avoid defeat. None of our players look like they're going to step up under Dyche at the moment.

Don't disagree on forest. They have lots of pace and power in attacking positions. Not sure it's overly fair to say it doesn't look like anyone is going to step up the same for us. We just don't have that type of player
Bluedylan1

Forest look like they have a load of exciting players, but their results have been consistently terrible under 2 managers, and deductions removed have accumulated 5 fewer points than us, having played a game more.

They're awful.
777Kidnappings

Bluedylan1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:58 pm Forest look like they have a load of exciting players, but their results have been consistently terrible under 2 managers, and deductions removed have accumulated 5 fewer points than us, having played a game more.

They're awful.
They are. It feels like they could blow us away though while we might win but it would be a complete grand. We have so little attacking talent
Bluedylan1

777Kidnappings wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:14 pm They are. It feels like they could blow us away though while we might win but it would be a complete grand. We have so little attacking talent
Maybe it feels that way if you watch Everton a lot, and don't watch Forest. Both teams are terrible, but the evidence so far suggests Forest are worse, and we beat them away.

Anything other than a home win will a massive failure for all concerned.
777Kidnappings

Bluedylan1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:24 pm Maybe it feels that way if you watch Everton a lot, and don't watch Forest. Both teams are terrible, but the evidence so far suggests Forest are worse, and we beat them away.

Yeah agree. Think they are better attacking wise and we are better defensively. Obviously over the season we've been more successful/better

We are about even money to win. Not winning isn't a massive failure. Its just that we are shit. There's a reasonable chance we don't win
Cereal Killer

Bluedylan1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:24 pm Maybe it feels that way if you watch Everton a lot, and don't watch Forest. Both teams are terrible, but the evidence so far suggests Forest are worse, and we beat them away.

They’ve changed manager though and have been much better for it, so no they aren’t as bad as us anymore

We beat them with Cooper in charge too

16 games 16 points -3 GD since Nuno took over, whereas in that period we’ve stunk the place out with 9 points from 15 and -18 GD
Kerryblueboy

Bluedylan1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:58 pm Forest look like they have a load of exciting players, but their results have been consistently terrible under 2 managers, and deductions removed have accumulated 5 fewer points than us, having played a game more.

They're awful.
Burnley were awful and played us off the park with 10 men we are dreadful and will be set up the same on Saturday as last night could be disastrous as gibbs white drops into the same areas as palmer
Granite

Gonna put my annual betting allowance on Forest.
TheRam

Forest are below us.

Imagine being below this Everton team with an 8 point deduction to boot.

They’re a bad team. Even with Nuno I think they’re averaging just above relegation form.

It’s ok to say other teams are bad.
Bluedylan1

777Kidnappings wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:30 pm Yeah agree. Think they are better attacking wise and we are better defensively. Obviously over the season we've been more successful/better

We are about even money to win. Not winning isn't a massive failure. Its just that we are shit. There's a reasonable chance we don't win
Yeah, I'm just not buying into the early narrative planting - ''Forest have got better players than us, therefore what can we do, therefore Dyche has done nothing wrong'', if we lose on Sunday. Can already see the seeds.

Forest are rubbish, and it's a game we should be winning at home, even if it's ugly.
blueforyou

It's about having bottle and holding nerve, a more than interesting few days at Finch Farm this week - the wrath of Dyche, you would think...
Gash

I think the slight problem is we'd have 35 points from 32 games but 12 of those points came from four games in a row where we had a bit of a run, so that means we taken the other 23 points from 28 games which is probably more reflective of where we are at the moment and have been for a while, that's terrible form.

People will only look at us though and think even Tranmere could be us but the form table over the last ten still puts us better than Sheff Utd and Luton, which proves that although people think Luton are some kind of decent team they've been even worse than Sheff Utd, Burnley and Forest over the last ten games and Forest have only two more points than us over the same period.

It's just a punt at the moment, we could win a couple and be safe but it's understandable that people don't see us winning again this season but that can be said for every team around us.
Blueomar

Gash wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:56 pm

It's just a punt at the moment, we could win a couple and be safe but it's understandable that people don't see us winning again this season but that can be said for every team around us.
Well, except for the fact that two them play us. :(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic