Relegation

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Cantoffee

Re: Relegation

Probably survive this season honestly but I think we are doomed next season without some sort of dramatic change (ie ownership, manager, recruitment - probably meed all 3).

We are likely going to lose:
Gana
Coleman
Young
Branthwaite
Onana
Gomes
Dele
Harrison
Danjuma

Don't need to replace them all but do need to replace a few.

My math has that as over £30m in wages alone.

I'd guess that Maupay is sold and Holgate loaned out again.

I'd guess we don't sign a RB, sign 1 winger and 1 CM, 1 CB. Bare bones, kids getting chances (despite the fact we've sold off half the academy already).

Miracle stuff needed this summer if we aren't relegated. If we're relegated I think the club goes into administration within 6 months.
Juanito

Goaljira wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:40 pm I don't know if it would have mattered. We'd still be in for a shit next few years as it was the irresponsible spending hundreds of millions under Koeman on players with no resale value and then the rank stupidity of giving Allardyce £50m to spend on Tosun and Walcott that put us in the hole we're still in.
The sheer arrogance or Moshiri to treat us as a play thing with no diligence or integrity. It’s obvious now it wasn’t his money that put us in this shit and the absolute sheer incompetence of that board and chairman.

I remember listening to a football podcast with someone who worked at Leeds on there saying you would not believe the lack of any football nous within some premier league clubs. She was talking about Everton, I’m sure.

Now, we are looking at relegation this season or definitely next - administration, a vulture circling that Morishi has welcomed in, to strip us of all our assets and send us into football history as a club from the past.

The anger at the premier league must be a relief for Moshiri.
Paddockoldie

After the last shambles, I expect...I know it's a stretch, that the players turn up and beat Forrest. This will depend on Dyche's set up and instructions. If he plays not to lose, we will. We have to get at them on the floor, not pumped long balls.
Fynci

Paddockoldie wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:22 am After the last shambles, I expect...I know it's a stretch, that the players turn up and beat Forrest. This will depend on Dyche's set up and instructions. If he plays not to lose, we will. We have to get at them on the floor, not pumped long balls.
Forest can turn up, I've not seen us turn up for a long time. I thought we'd be fine, but I can see us losing to Forest. If that happens then we have to hope that Luton don't pull out some unexpected results. Unlike us, they seem to have it in them.
brap2

Fuck sake it's hit me today, I'm absolutely terrified.

Those three games are absolutely gargantuan and we have a derby in the middle.
Escla

Think we’re going to need a win at Arsenal to stay up, fat chance of that.
TheRam

Seven points is more than enough to stay up.

Forest, Brentford, Sheffield United, Luton, even liverpool at home as their record at Goodison isn’t that great, are games where we can get those points.

Will we? I don’t know, it’s impossible to predict this stuff at this stage of the season.

But the two teams below us are really poor and I’d still put us up as favourites to stay up.

I struggle to see Luton getting many points between now and the end of the season.

They need 8 just to get to 33 which I believe is the lowest total a team has stayed up on. It’s a hard ask for them.
Kerryblueboy

Can we win Saturday with a back 4 of young Keane tark and myko I’m dreading it hopefully Jared isn’t badly injured
Toffee1

No, we can't get a result of any kind on Saturday as we are playing on Sunday.
weimaranerblues

Best result for us on Sat is a Brentford win
Cantoffee

I am very doomy gloomy right now but win on Sunday and we're 90% of the way there. Forest are very poor defending set pieces.

We are absolutely abysmal at everything right now but stranger results have happened.
Kerryblueboy

Our set pieces threat has gone as teams have worked out the back post ball to tarks most of the time
Shogun

Sunday will be horrible if Luton beat Brentford.

And yes, I know Luton aren't world beaters, but they come from 1-0 down to beat an in-form Bournemouth side last home match, so it's not like them beating Brentford is an impossible task. Maupay hat trick will do.
weimaranerblues

Results keep going round and round in my head, just want to get it over and done with.

Win Sunday and win following week whilst Forest lose to City 7pts ahead.

When you look back at this period over the last 2 seasons you wonder how did we manage that.

It just feels different, the well has truly run dry.
777Kidnappings

weimaranerblues wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:32 pm Results keep going round and round in my head, just want to get it over and done with.

Win Sunday and win following week whilst Forest lose to City 7pts ahead.

When you look back at this period over the last 2 seasons you wonder how did we manage that.

It just feels different, the well has truly run dry.

I think there's an acceptance now that this is just where we are. Previously maybe there was some belief we could survive and then move forward. I think now it just feels like while we might survive it will just be a yearly battle and 1 year we probably won't
Locked Previous topicNext topic