Dyche

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Escla

Re: Dyche

Hey, EFC here, we’re looking for a new manager but before you come we are looking to sell our only players of value like Pickford and Branthwaite, current manager despite losing Richarlison and Mina etc only managed to keep us up with games to spare but we expect better, Everton that is !
HANNU

blueforyou wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:52 pm That's the easy bit, the hard part...

Who replaces him? Dread to think!

In this instance, better the devil we know
It would have to be moyes

I still think if we had of got moyes instead of ancilotti we wouldn't have had all these relegation battles i did want moyes at the time but could not complain that it was carlos, it's what came after carlo where it went massively wrong
Shogun

Hey, EFC here, we're looking for a new manager but before you come, know that the players are a lot better than they're showing on the pitch and if you actually introduce the art of passing in training then you'll see that there's a lot of scope for improvement. The last manager played the worst football known to man leading fans to think finishing above Sheffield United, Burnley and Luton was an achievement. So expectations are low! Enjoy!

:whistle:
Escla

Shogun wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:16 pm Hey, EFC here, we're looking for a new manager but before you come, know that the players are a lot better than they're showing on the pitch and if you actually introduce the art of passing in training then you'll see that there's a lot of scope for improvement. The last manager played the worst football known to man leading fans to think finishing above Sheffield United, Burnley and Luton was an achievement. So expectations are low! Enjoy!

Think when he came in survival in the Premiership was the key objective, job done, credit where it’s due but if you can afford to upgrade this bunch of mediocre barely mid table players by seriously investing in the squad then go for it, if you don’t have a pot to piss in next season (most likely) then you have to stick with him in the hope of making it into BMD as a Premiership club.
Last edited by Escla on Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
AllyBlue14

Shogun wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:16 pm Hey, EFC here, we're looking for a new manager but before you come, know that the players are a lot better than they're showing on the pitch and if you actually introduce the art of passing in training then you'll see that there's a lot of scope for improvement. The last manager played the worst football known to man leading fans to think finishing above Sheffield United, Burnley and Luton was an achievement. So expectations are low! Enjoy!

"the players are a lot better than they're showing on the pitch" - I'm not sure there's a huge body of evidence to support this for many of them.

"if you actually introduce the art of passing in training then you'll see that there's a lot of scope for improvement" - agree, but I guess the extent of the scope for improvement depends on the point above. But we saw yesterday how even playing through Gomes helped us to be more progressive.

"The last manager played the worst football known to man" - worse than Allardyce, Benitez and Lampard? Turgid since Christmas but nothing particularly wrong with how we started the season.

"finishing above Sheffield United, Burnley and Luton was an achievement" - it would be, especially with 8 points deducted, the ownership issues and a paper-thin squad with zero money for additions.
TheRam

The players can obviously play better football than they’ve showed but I genuinely don’t think you can’t ask for anything more than 40-45 points with this current squad and our financial situation.

One injury to Doucoure derailed the season, we’ve not been able to play a good right back all season, and we have a glut of centre mids who are constantly in and out the team with injury

We can put out a decent eleven most weeks but we’re always struggling beyond that and it will only get worse as we sell Onana and Brathwaite and pocket most of the profit.

Even with a takeover there’s a lot of debt to be repaid and PSR rubbish to deal with.

His remit was to keep us in the premier league, if he achieves that in a season with eight points deducted then it’s a job well done.
Cods

TheRam wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:22 pm
We can put out a decent eleven most weeks but we’re always struggling beyond that and it will only get worse as we sell Onana and Brathwaite and pocket most of the profit.
Very much this, decent 11 but no game changers from the bench if things aren't working or the opposition change it up.

*Pocket has holes.
Cods

Objectives: S. DYCHE

1. Survive
(TBC, but things are looking better this time around, especially when compared to the past two to three seasons, with fewer tools and resources at disposal)

2. Survive (b) .
Just a reminder that if not, club may rather quickly unravel, and cease to exist as an entity, and you, amongst many others, will most certainly be out of a job.

3. Undertake other roles that might normally be the responsibility of the ownership.
Uh, huh. Ok

4. Look pretty whilst doing it.
Pfft
AjaxAndy

We don't even have a decent 11 the vast majority of the time... There's usually Young or Godfrey in there somewhere. We tend to field an ok 9 maybe 10 players but with some absolutely god awful combo of something like Godfrey and Young, or Coleman and Young.

And yeah finishing above Luton, Sheffield United and Burnley might seem like an easy task, but as others have said we've really had a probably 40+ point season, so that's very much focussing on the wrong thing and skewing the reality to make a point (appreciate it was probably made flippantly rather than seriously).

I think we just need stability right now, next season will probably be worse regardless of who is in charge, but at least Dyche has not only shown he can work in these circumstances he understands where the squad is and what will be needed when certain players inevitably leave.
MayorFarnham

Hey Everton FC here......Hello.... he's put the fuckin phone down.
blueforyou

How much? I'll take it, sack me at Christmas
TheRam

Sheffield United and Burnley have both finished above us in recent years.

It was Burnley who very nearly relegated us.

It’s nothing about expectations or standards, it’s the reality of where this club is at.

It’s the worst job in the league by a long, long way. Don’t I’d yourself into thinking it’s in anyway an attractive job because you don’t like our current manager.
Jimmywhack

Silas wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:39 pm While I think he does I'm not at all convinced he will
Nor me. He's a stubborn twat and we are skint

It's just really really grim football
Champagne lifestyle, Lemonade wages
777Kidnappings

blueforyou wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am How much? I'll take it, sack me at Christmas
You ain't won the champions league
Gary1878

Lets be real here. Dyche looks to have achieved the main goal of keeping us in the league, and if it wasn't for the points deductions, it would have been done and dusted by now. Fair play to him for that, and he does deserve a lot of credit for the way he has just got on with it with all of the rubbish he has had to deal with.

But who is actually enjoying watching us? You know that when you go to the game, you will be lucky to see a win, and you know that you might score a goal or two. But the football surrounding that has been diabolical in 2024 (latter half of the season).

Our last 2 wins against Burnley and Forest were poor performances. And then we hadn't won for goodness knows how many games before that. And sandwiched in between Burnley and Forest was a disastrous performance against Chelsea, genuinely about as bad as we have ever played.

I would still consider us to be in a pretty poor vein of form, despite those two wins. This is by far the worst bottom 3 we have had in the league for a long time, with Forest also a poor side. Only getting two wins from both of those sides at home out of a possible dozen plus games is not an achievement.

So whilst I really do applaud Sean Dyche for what he has done in terms of trying to keep us in the league in the midst of a shit show of a football club, there is definitely a lot of room for improvement to keep fans onboard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic