Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues

What is the lowest amount of points you would feel content with receiving back from the appeal?

5%
1-3
7%
4-6
53%
7-9
10%
24%

Total votes: 58

777Kidnappings

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

Toddacelli wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:00 pm Is this one of those times when they can punish us with more? Can this affect our safety? Are we definitely safe? I know some appeals result in harsher punishment.

I just feel like I don’t know what the fuck they’re going to do and it makes me nervous.
Surely the clever thing to do here is if forest don't win there's just withdraw ours. Be brilliant if forest got more and then we just decided we were fine with our 2

Also the rules state now the punishments have to be handed out in the same season. Yet we've still got part of the last charge hanging over us. Surely punishing us next season foe that would be against their own rules
HANNU

id just cancel the appeal now, even if they gave us 2 points back it does not really matter now
Gash

HANNU wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:02 pm id just cancel the appeal now, even if they gave us 2 points back it does not really matter now
It's about £3m per place so if it made us up another place or two or kept the rest behind us it could be worth a bit of money to us.
NomadskiEFC

They should take our 2 pts and give them to Forest for being melts.
777Kidnappings

NomadskiEFC wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:25 pm They should take our 2 pts and give them to Forest for being melts.
To be fair we've got loads of points. We could let them have the 17 they originally wanted
HANNU

Gash wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:12 pm It's about £3m per place so if it made us up another place or two or kept the rest behind us it could be worth a bit of money to us.
That's fair enough but we are not realistic ly getting any points back, and if we do it will be 1 point, it's going to cost us a fortune in legal fees so there is a good chance we are just spunking money on the legal team with no real chance of anything improving points wise
Cozzie

I hope forest don't get any back.

They got 2 taken off anyway for acting in good faith.

They've acted like right whiney pricks recently and complaining about officials shouldn't land them anything but grief.

Scruffy bastards. Hope they go down
Toffee1

Cozzie wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:28 pm I hope forest don't get any back.

They got 2 taken off anyway for acting in good faith.

They've acted like right whiney pricks recently and complaining about officials shouldn't land them anything but grief.

Scruffy bastards. Hope they go down
They said on 5live earlier that they think the verdict on their hearing will be this week, possibly by Tuesday.

They will have a tweet ready.
777Kidnappings

I can't imagine they are going to get something back. The who thing has been an absolute farce but it will go to another level if they change their mind again at such a late stage to all but end the relegation battle
Mouse

HANNU wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:02 pm id just cancel the appeal now, even if they gave us 2 points back it does not really matter now
Worst case scenario, they grant the appeal on the grounds it's unfair to punish us twice in the same season and defer the two points to next season so we start on -2.

Everton that.
Duncandisorderly

So it reads that it's unlikely that we will get any further deduction, but still a possibility. Thick as fuck decision to continue with this appeal in my opinion but nothing surprises me with this club, not worth the gamble of the extra 3m for a place. Also drags it on and gives it this little bit of doubt again just when we're starting to relax.
AjaxAndy

Duncandisorderly wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:30 pm So it reads that it's unlikely that we will get any further deduction, but still a possibility. Thick as fuck decision to continue with this appeal in my opinion but nothing surprises me with this club, not worth the gamble of the extra 3m for a place. Also drags it on and gives it this little bit of doubt again just when we're starting to relax.
I think the main benefit is that when we get deducted points again next season we've already showed we'll fight tooth and nail... Accept this one and it sets a dangerous precedent.

Much better to set out your stall of being an absolute pain in the arse imo.
Duncandisorderly

AjaxAndy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:35 pm I think the main benefit is that when we get deducted points again next season we've already showed we'll fight tooth and nail... Accept this one and it sets a dangerous precedent.

Much better to set out your stall of being an absolute pain in the arse imo.
I get the point that we shouldn't just accept it, it's the principle, but we've signed up to these rules, and broken them no matter how flawed the whole process has been. The league are not going to bend over to us in fact it's probably having the opposite effect. We shouldn't be in the same financial issues next year even if it means we have to sell Branthwaite and Onana to do so, there's no excuse to breach again now. Just seems mad to me we're prolonging it with the slight chance of punishment being increased. Crazy.
Toddacelli

Duncandisorderly wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:49 pm I get the point that we shouldn't just accept it, it's the principle, but we've signed up to these rules, and broken them no matter how flawed the whole process has been. The league are not going to bend over to us in fact it's probably having the opposite effect. We shouldn't be in the same financial issues next year even if it means we have to sell Branthwaite and Onana to do so, there's no excuse to breach again now. Just seems mad to me we're prolonging it with the slight chance of punishment being increased. Crazy.

Yeah we signed up to the rules. But no-one knew what the punishment was going to be. No-one signed up for that.

It’s like being hit by a speed cop. You know you’re going too fast and deserve the punishment, but it’s a bit galling when everyone does it and you’re the only one who gets caught. So you say ‘fair cop, guv’ and instead of getting the speed awareness course, you’ve suddenly got 3 years inside. Hold up, when was this made law?
Duncandisorderly

Toddacelli wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:56 pm Yeah we signed up to the rules. But no-one knew what the punishment was going to be. No-one signed up for that.

It’s like being hit by a speed cop. You know you’re going too fast and deserve the punishment, but it’s a bit galling when everyone does it and you’re the only one who gets caught. So you say ‘fair cop, guv’ and instead of getting the speed awareness course, you’ve suddenly got 3 years inside. Hold up, when was this made law?
Understand and agree to a point, but what's the fucking point appealing if there's the slightest chance we can get more points, we've won, we're safe they tried to fuck us over and failed. They couldn't give a fuck if they've been far too heavy handed it's plain to see there's no remorse on their side. Rules are changing in the summer too which will also helps us going forward.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic