Thelwell talking strategy

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
brap2

Re: Thelwell talking strategy

Walks into our midfield backwards imo, dyche would love them raking passes over the back line.
Juanito

I can see us selling Onana for 60 million and replacing him with Barkley on a free.
brap2

Big summer for him isn't it.

Out :
Harrison
Danjuma
-£0
Gomes
Gana
Dele
Young
Seamus
Lonergan
- £0
Branthwaite / Onana
- £60 - £160m
Keane
Holgate
Godfrey
Patto
DCL
*Maups
- £no idea honestly

Obviously finances are very tight and it's likely one or both of Branthwaite and Onana go just to keep the wolves from the door. But it's obvious the team needs a bit of a rebuild, even if it's just "solid pros" in these positions because otherwise I think we would struggle to complete the year.

Starting CB likely to replace Branthwaite
Cover CB to replace Holgate,/Keane/Godfrey
Starting RB desperately needed
Cover LB
A starting cm to cover Onana/Gueye
Cover cm
Starting RW
Rotation LW
Rotation FW wide/up top
Last edited by brap2 on Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cereal Killer

You’re wishing too much, half of them will be staying
TheRam

Keane, Godfrey, Patterson and DCL will be staying.

No reason to get rid of them and nobody will be wanting to buy.
AllyBlue14

Have to try and keep Gana too.

What's happening with Doucoure? I thought last year we took up the option to extend but is he out of context this summer too?
Gash

AllyBlue14 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:44 am Have to try and keep Gana too.

What's happening with Doucoure? I thought last year we took up the option to extend but is he out of context this summer too?
He's contracted until June 2025.
AjaxAndy

TheRam wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:20 am Keane, Godfrey, Patterson and DCL will be staying.

All those players have a place here I agree. Patterson has potential and needs to be given time to play when it's not such a desperate situation as we've faced lately, DCL if fit is a big asset, and Keane and Godfrey are acceptable backup.

I think the only one who might leave is Keane because I can't imagine he's happy to sit on the bench every week and I do think other teams would be interested at the right price. I'm happy for him to stay though as he's perfectly acceptable as a third or fourth choice CB.
Cozzie

Noticed not many have mentioned the Maupster yet.

I keep forgetting he is part of the club still.

Reckon he's done enough to tempt Brentford to give us actual money for him? That wouldn't be a bad start.
brap2

TheRam wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:20 am Keane, Godfrey, Patterson and DCL will be staying.

Think Patto will rightly want out and there would be someone to take him.

Keane and Godfrey are both shite and on high wages, Keane's on about £85kpw and never ever plays, 100% the kind of player we should be getting rid of asap?

DCL contract up next year, so we either sell of give him another contract so, yeah I'd be quite surprised if he left but I could see it.

Could even see Pickford go. We desperately need to cut the wage bill.
brap2

I'm looking at Pape Gueye, contract expires in the summer, 6"1, 3.62 tackles a game (!!), 1.54 interceptions, 1.18 aerials, passing looks ok on paper...

Gueye for Gueye baby one in one out
brap2

Ola Aina, sound RB sorted there.

Forest go down we snap him up on a free, athletic, good in the tackle, gets involved on the ball a bit, but is a good driver on the ball to get you up the pitch.
HANNU

brap2 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:45 am I'm looking at Pape Gueye, contract expires in the summer, 6"1, 3.62 tackles a game (!!), 1.54 interceptions, 1.18 aerials, passing looks ok on paper...

we need to keep gana

people say we cant afford him i dont see how we can afford to lose him
brap2

Juan Miranda, slender spanish baller at LB, quality on the ball but never makes a tackle? Dignedays are back baby. Free, June 2024.
AjaxAndy

brap2 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:45 am I'm looking at Pape Gueye, contract expires in the summer, 6"1, 3.62 tackles a game (!!), 1.54 interceptions, 1.18 aerials, passing looks ok on paper...

Surely we want to keep Gueye AND buy Gueye to play in the perfect midfield three of:

Gueye - Garner - Gana Gueye

It's all about balance baby!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic