Thelwell talking strategy

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Cozzie

Re: Thelwell talking strategy

G-Unit!
Shogun

Would be shocked if Patterson was still here next season, clearly not in the manager's plans and last thing he needs is to waste another season on the bench watching ancient humans play in his position. Would like it to be a loan to a top championship side but expect him to be sold.
Gash

I don't see that there's much value in Patterson at the moment. I still think he'll be a decent player but hanging around here's not doing him any good. He either gets playing time (which I doubt he will under Dyche) or find him a decent loan and we can either get a decent fee for him or he comes back as our first choice right back. Right now neither us nor him are getting anything out of this deal.
HANNU

Shogun wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:08 pm Would be shocked if Patterson was still here next season, clearly not in the manager's plans and last thing he needs is to waste another season on the bench watching ancient humans play in his position. Would like it to be a loan to a top championship side but expect him to be sold.
Ask brands if he would like him for a season at psv
NickNack

Think if Patterson came in and did well he’d play. I know he hasn’t had much opportunity but when he has he wasn’t great. Wasn’t Young playing instead of Myko & Keane in place of Branthwaite earlier in the season?

Myko & Branthwaite both cane in, played well, kept getting picked.

It’s not in anyone’s interest - least of all the manager who’s job is the first on the line - not to pick a player who is doing his stuff on the pitch 🤷‍♂️
bigmanbob

HANNU wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:23 pm Ask brands if he would like him for a season at psv
That's a good shout actually
TheRam

AWB would be great.

Just think we can’t make even this type of singing at the moment but maybe a loan is viable.
HANNU

TheRam wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:56 pm AWB would be great.

Just think we can’t make even this type of singing at the moment but maybe a loan is viable.
Who is AWB
Cozzie

HANNU wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:16 pmWho is AWB
Presume Aaron Wan-Bisakka?
Juanito

Keane needs to go. He is so bad. Get a youngster in on half the wages and double the psychological resilience. He started the season, looks shaky and a liability, makes a silly typical Keane mistake that cost a goal in a 4-0 hammering by Villa. We don’t see him again until the derby and he concedes a penalty with his hand stuck out in a weird position.

The game away to Spurs where we lost 5-0 he completely lost it and that strange body movement against City to cost us a goal in the last few minutes at Goodison stick with me. Or West Ham away where he was having a stinker and got himself sent off for a reckless challenge.

He’s awful!

83,000 a week.
Cozzie

Yeah Keane got to go, but Dyche knows him well and how to utilise him a little better than other managers so that might mean he stays.

Unlikely Holgate leaves on a permanent so likely another loan.

I'd keep Godfrey for now.
Cereal Killer

Expect to be massively disappointed if you think we’ll shift all them and build a whole new squad

If they aren’t out of contract they aren’t going

Sell Branthwaite and assume we invest in a starting CB

Keanes still 3rd/4th choice, if Tarks gets injured he’s the likely cover. Not really a financial argument for binning him and replacing either 🤷‍♂️

So we’ll still be stuck with a bunch of shit
toffee_scot

Yeah a big job in the summer replacing players plus keeping hold of Onana and Branthwaite unless we have to sell one of them to satisfy FFP.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we once again looked at players from relegated clubs.
Juanito

We need to sell at least one - has to be Onana
Dchans

Loads and frees need to be the first stop - let’s get them in early, no reason why we can’t have them lined up now we know we’ve survived another season
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic