Thelwell talking strategy

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
brap2

Re: Thelwell talking strategy

Good player Ndidi, but if our fans thought Gana was just a tackle machine who was shit with the ball then they will enjoy this guy I reckon.
Kerryblueboy

We can’t take players from united because of wages awb would be great but he is on 200k a week not leaving there for less sammy smodics at Blackburn is a good player played for Ireland last break didn’t look out of place at that level West Ham linked with greaves at hull today we have scouted him all season apparently
brap2

I'd only have youngsters from United
Shogun

I would have Diallo but he'd just sit on the bench here
Cantoffee

Ndidi has trouble staying fit. Not sure I'd want him here.

Lots of gaps to fill. I'm guessing Coleman re-signs for one last season on very low wages.

If Leeds don't come up I'd be ok with Harrison on loan again for another season.

Will need a couple loans, frees, and have some hits in the transfer market. Challenging summer ahead.
Shogun

The thing that annoys me about signing Harrison is that I don't think he even gets in that Leeds team now and they're a league below us.
Cantoffee

Shogun wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:59 am The thing that annoys me about signing Harrison is that I don't think he even gets in that Leeds team now and they're a league below us.
I agree but I think most wingers would struggle on our right side with our RB options.

He does a job, would prefer he was a third option to rotate with McNeil and Another for next season.
Cods

Wish I could screen capture an image from the derby, one of a few moments this season where Harrison was surrounded by (in this case 4) opponents within a yard or two of him. No support from RB, no one in a position to pass to. He's on a hiding to nothing, a bit like Dom, and at least McNeil has Myko.

That's not to say he's not got his weaknesses, and we set up that way for a reason, but used in a different manner and given a chance he could be a decent player for us. He's a sacrificial lamb for the team at the moment.
Gash

Wish I could screen capture the image from the derby and most other games this season where he had the freedom of the pitch in front of him, did that little stutter that he does then checked his run and passed back.

Funnily enough because I commented about it during the Forest game, the one time he took someone on, beat him and put in a cross we nearly scored from it.
TheRam

Gash wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:41 pm Wish I could screen capture the image from the derby and most other games this season, but he had the freedom of the pitch in front of him, did that little stutter that he does then checked his run and passed back.

Funnily enough because I commented about it during the Forest game, the one time he took someone on, beat him and put in a cross we nearly scored from it.
He is so bad at this.

It’s like he’s startled when he has space infront of him and doesn’t know what to do.

Loves to check back into two defenders and going on the deck.
liamgt

Dchans wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:39 pm Do we think DCL will resign
Not a chance he will resign, but there's a good chance he might re-sign if offered a new contract!
Kerryblueboy

Harrison ain’t getting near the Leeds starting lineup next season with gnonto and Summerville there would hate for us to sign him unless it’s very small money his output is very low
Cods

Gash wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:41 pm Wish I could screen capture the image from the derby and most other games this season, but he had the freedom of the pitch in front of him, did that little stutter that he does then checked his run and passed back.

I remember you commenting on both.

I'm not sure where you thought he could go in the derby, as it would have been an instant loss against 4. He did well to actually do Robertson twice, and almost win a handball off Diaz.

Garner chases back to win the ball from Jones, the ball ricochets forward to Harrison.

48m03s : Jones on Harrison's hammer on his inside, has Harrison for pace, McAllister free and approaching from the centre, Robertson covering the line at left back, and one of the two centre backs (Van Dyk) moving towards Harrison whilst the other CB looked after Dom. Not one blue shirt within 20+ yards except for Garner who was back behind the half way line (and covered by the closing Diaz), and Dom at the top of the box, the only other player in our half.

Hope you appreciate the artwork, enough to avoid a copyright strike. lol
Screenshot_20240430_230628_Gallery.jpg
And earlier in the 2nd half, at 45m41s McNeil did exactly the same thing when confronted with almost a mirror image of the Harrison play after Gana won it in midfield, 4 on 1, as the commentator makes note of the clear plan of "McNeil, prioritising holding onto possession" and turning back rather than attacking the line. So fair to say its as much instruction from Dyche as anything else.
superpull

There's an easy pass to DCL to create a goal scoring opportunity in that incredibly lifelike drawing :lol:

Nice little dinking chip into space.
brap2

superpull wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:55 pm There's an easy pass to DCL to create a goal scoring opportunity in that incredibly lifelike drawing :lol:

Nice little dinking chip into space.
Looks off to me
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic