Dyche

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
blueforyou

Re: Dyche

A leader. Our leader

Boss
superpull

Think the three teams coming up are better than the ones going down.
Think we'll have a weaker squad next year.
Think we may see another points deduction next year.

I think keeping Dyche is likely the only way we go to Bramley Moore as a premier league team.
biziclop

I've said this with pretty much every new manager who had a good start: we need to wait and see how they react when we hit the inevitable shit run, most failed that test. Dyche passed, not with flying colours cos 4 months is a hell of a long shit run but he has turned it around and that's all that mattered in the end.

And at least it's a start in a way a win one/lose one kind of season isn't really. For the future I want more cohesion in attacking play, shorter winless patches and an increasing non-reliance on Ashley Young. Also, like Shogs says, even when we aren't playing well, at least let's make it look like we're playing as a team, this has been a problem for many years now, basic interplay not working out cos players don't know where they should expect each other and similar shit. Yes, we're occasionally doing it right now but it has to happen more often.
Bluedylan1

biziclop wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:37 pm I've said this with pretty much every new manager who had a good start: we need to wait and see how they react when we hit the inevitable shit run, most failed that test. Dyche passed, not with flying colours cos 4 months is a hell of a long shit run but he has turned it around and that's all that mattered in the end.

And at least it's a start in a way a win one/lose one kind of season isn't really. For the future I want more cohesion in attacking play, shorter winless patches and an increasing non-reliance on Ashley Young. Also, like Shogs says, even when we aren't playing well, at least let's make it look like we're playing as a team, this has been a problem for many years now, basic interplay not working out cos players don't know where they should expect each other and similar shit. Yes, we're occasionally doing it right now but it has to happen more often.
Nice to see you around and about, Clanger.
biziclop

Bluedylan1 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:42 pm Nice to see you around and about, Clanger.
I only come here when there isn't much drama afoot. :)
Goaljira

We started the season poorly. Then had a great run after the first deduction. Then were shocking for 4 months. Then have had a great last 6 games.

The fact we were able to go 4 months without a win is a massive worry. Now I know we didn't lose many in that run either, and we'll never know how much of a factor the deduction was on the way we played but the fact that once we were looking safe we've played better is the green shoots of hope I'm clinging onto.

Next season has to be a bit more steady with points and wins picked up more consistently because all it would have taken was a couple of injuries at the end of the 4 months and we might not have been able to go on the run we have since.
cassius

Only the top 3 conceded fewer than us.

Only Sheffield United scored fewer than us.

Mad stats really.

I'm absolutely delighted with the season, because I'd forgotten what the feeling of safety felt like.
Silas

biziclop wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:30 pm I only come here when there isn't much drama afoot. :)
Then we will appreciate your yearly visit
AjaxAndy

I think when people are raising the issue of the 4 month spell, and rightly so I should add, it's inevitable that all struggling teams will go on a long bad run, it's why they're at the bottom of the league.

If we took out the 13 premier league match run of not winning, and stuck 3 wins in there instead of 3 losses we'd have finished 9th without deductions... And we have no right to be finishing there with the state of the squad and all the drama affecting it off the field.

I think it'd obviously be much more preferable to have 2-3 smaller losing / not winning streaks, but the very nature of being a struggling team is to have long spells of poor results, and given the financial situation we are faced with it's almost a given we'll experience something similar again next season.

Let's hope it's a little less boom and bust, but the reality is it's not going to be a consistent plod to mid table security and off field issues of player turnover and points deductions are going to play a big part in damaging confidence and stability which are likely to lead to poor runs of form, potentially extended runs of such.
Juanito

Give him a right back, right winger with pace and another winger to cover both wings as a reserve.
brap2

I think we might need a ten. Move Doucs back into being a CM.
Silas

brap2 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:43 pm I think we might need a ten. Move Doucs back into being a CM.
Yeah I prefer him running up from deep anyway he's got the legs for it.
cassius

brap2 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:43 pm I think we might need a ten. Move Doucs back into being a CM.
Del.... icious
sam of the south

biziclop wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:37 pm I've said this with pretty much every new manager who had a good start: we need to wait and see how they react when we hit the inevitable shit run, most failed that test. Dyche passed, not with flying colours cos 4 months is a hell of a long shit run but he has turned it around and that's all that mattered in the end.

The mighty MC, my man 👊🏼
TheRam

McNeil number 10.

If he’s going to be cutting in from the left then let myko loose.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic