Dyche

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
brap2

Re: Dyche

TheRam wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:22 pm McNeil number 10.

If he’s going to be cutting in from the left then let myko loose.
I do think there's a body of evidence showing him able to pass a ball and hit a shot from the ten, but I'm not sure you know! Definitely up for seeing tho.
blueforyou

Number 10 written all over him
Toddacelli

brap2 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:06 pm I do think there's a body of evidence showing him able to pass a ball and hit a shot from the ten, but I'm not sure you know! Definitely up for seeing tho.
Poor man’s Bilyaletdinov.
Jamokachi

Making peace?
bigmanbob

He can fuck off
brap2

Would you accept him back for the second striker role off Dom?

Much, much, much better footballer than Beto.
777Kidnappings

Id have him back assuming we can't sell him. He'd contribute something over the season. Rather him be here than out on loan without a fee
Audrey Horne

I like him

Not really as a player tho
Cozzie

brap2 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 10:55 am Would you accept him back for the second striker role off Dom?

Much, much, much better footballer than Beto.
I always thought when we signed him, that that is what he was, a second striker.

I never seen him as an out and out front man, he always struck me as someone who played the Cahill/Naismith role. At Brighton I'm sure he was always positioned on the edge of the box being a general nuisance and playing off the front man.

It's whether or not that's where Dyche sees him playing.
Mouse

He's one of the great snides of all time and, when playing for us, that alone can be wonderfully entertaining. He had a bad time here often forced to play as a loan striker which he so clearly isn't. On top of that, he had one of those runs where he either fucked up a tap-in or met a keeper having his annual best game of the season at Goodison.

He's not the answer to any particular problem but it would be interesting to see him have a full season playing off DCL which is a role he is more suited to. Or, we sell him, but is that really likely?
Kerryblueboy

Bit of mad Lampard business this no real strategy just a panic buy good player on his day but needs to move on
brap2

Yeah if he can be moved on then yeah think we'd all be happy enough, but if he does have to come back into the fold I hope there's no like bad attitude towards him. He's a spirited fella, and our fans did give him shit over his form, he's been quite reserved tbh considering what you might expect from him.

I do like him as a player, not that I think he's amazing or anything but he can contribute to a team in the prem, so if he has to stick around, maybe dyche can make something work with him behind a target man.

He's nippy, he's a good presser, he's got a decent touch and movement, and he gets shots off. He's not as bad as the consensus might feel. He's also not a game changer so if he goes then so be it for sure.
AjaxAndy

brap2 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 4:12 pm Yeah if he can be moved on then yeah think we'd all be happy enough, but if he does have to come back into the fold I hope there's no like bad attitude towards him. He's a spirited fella, and our fans did give him shit over his form, he's been quite reserved tbh considering what you might expect from him.

I do like him as a player, not that I think he's amazing or anything but he can contribute to a team in the prem, so if he has to stick around, maybe dyche can make something work with him behind a target man.

He's nippy, he's a good presser, he's got a decent touch and movement, and he gets shots off. He's not as bad as the consensus might feel. He's also not a game changer so if he goes then so be it for sure.
I thought he was so unbelievably shit when playing for us, but I think he'd be a completely different prospect playing off DCL in a 4-4-2.

It's basically Ashley Barnes and Chris Wood but better, and something Dyche could utilise with great effect imo.

Wouldn't take much for the general consensus to change imo, just needs to form a partnership with DCL and be utilised correctly... If that happened I think we'd all suddenly warm to him.
brap2

AjaxAndy wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 4:19 pm I thought he was so unbelievably shit when playing for us, but I think he'd be a completely different prospect playing off DCL in a 4-4-2.

It's basically Ashley Barnes and Chris Wood but better, and something Dyche could utilise with great effect imo.

Wouldn't take much for the general consensus to change imo, just needs to form a partnership with DCL and be utilised correctly... If that happened I think we'd all suddenly warm to him.
Hard to build a connection with the fans when you are getting beat every week and never scoring.

I didn't think he was anywhere near as bad as people were making out, but as often with strikers no goal = no good.
Shogun

I mean, no Premier League club is going to be trying to sign him in the summer. Maybe Ipswich at a push.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic