Summer Transfer Window Discussion

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
CraigS...

Re: Summer Transfer Window Discussion

Scott McKenna is free this summer
Juanito

Leicester are 4/9 to go down, next is….us at 10/11 - along with Ipswich.
777Kidnappings

Juanito wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:57 pm Leicester are 4/9 to go down, next is….us at 10/11 - along with Ipswich.
Them prices seem absolutely mad. We were about 5 to 1 last season and that was coming off the back or an awful season. Yes we might lose Branthwaite but this time last year no one knew he was important anyway. Why would we be the same price as Ipswich.
Goaljira

777Kidnappings wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:00 pm Them prices seem absolutely mad. We were about 5 to 1 last season and that was coming off the back or an awful season. Yes we might lose Branthwaite but this time last year no one knew he was important anyway. Why would we be the same price as Ipswich.
Maybe people betting on is going into administration and taking a 9pt hit plus if we get another deduction for FFP.
777Kidnappings

Goaljira wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:30 pm Maybe people betting on is going into administration and taking a 9pt hit plus if we get another deduction for FFP.
Yeah I think that's it. The 4 most popular bets are us city Chelsea and Leicester.
brap2

If Chelsea had got a 30 point deduction last season they'd have stayed up.
Cozzie

Will be a bit different this year. Reckon 35/36 needed to survive.

Aren't Leicester beginning with a points deduction?
CraigS...

Harrison Burrows |LB/WB great cover player that could go on to make us big money just signed 1 year deal Club Option £2m would get him

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/harriso ... ler/533980

Toffee1

Jamokachi

On the Ryan Sessegnon shouts, his time at Spurs has been riddled with injuries. Too risky I reckon.
AllyBlue14

Jamokachi wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:00 am On the Ryan Sessegnon shouts, his time at Spurs has been riddled with injuries. Too risky I reckon.
Yeah, I remember when we signed Tarkowski - some people had doubts but the overriding consensus was that he was a solid player and he'd missed something like 2 games in 4 years, or whatever it was.

There's no saying what the future might hold (see Arouna Koné, Bolasie, Townsend) but now, more than ever, we can't afford to take risks on players with chequered injury records. Even if they're cheap additions only brought in as back-up, we need them to be available.
AjaxAndy

AllyBlue14 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:29 am Yeah, I remember when we signed Tarkowski - some people had doubts but the overriding consensus was that he was a solid player and he'd missed something like 2 games in 4 years, or whatever it was.

There's no saying what the future might hold (see Arouna Koné, Bolasie, Townsend) but now, more than ever, we can't afford to take risks on players with chequered injury records. Even if they're cheap additions only brought in as back-up, we need them to be available.
I think it depends on the position and the wages they'd be coming in on... Free players tend to demand higher wages.

Someone like Sessengon who would be backup to Mykolenko and McNeil with Young 3rd choice at LB would be preferable to Young as 2nd choice LB.

If he was out for periods you'd still have Young to cover.

If he's the best free LB option available and can cover LW too, and could get fit under Dyche, without asking too high a wage... It could work... potentially.
StirlingBlue

Sessegnon has also played plenty of games as a LW too, so in terms of depth it would definitely help
AllyBlue14

AjaxAndy wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:56 am I think it depends on the position and the wages they'd be coming in on... Free players tend to demand higher wages.

Someone like Sessengon who would be backup to Mykolenko and McNeil with Young 3rd choice at LB would be preferable to Young as 2nd choice LB.

If he was out for periods you'd still have Young to cover.

If he's the best free LB option available and can cover LW too, and could get fit under Dyche, without asking too high a wage... It could work... potentially.
Lot of ifs there!

Totally get the logic and like him as a player. But we need to know anyone we bring in will at least be available to play before even considering what they could bring to the team/squad.
AjaxAndy

AllyBlue14 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:09 pm Lot of ifs there!

Totally get the logic and like him as a player. But we need to know anyone we bring in will at least be available to play before even considering what they could bring to the team/squad.
Yep fully agree on the ifs buts and maybes... Not saying I'd be 100% jumping in to it, more it's one I think deserves consideration even if it ultimately wasn't worth pursuing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic