Dominic Calvert-Lewin

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
StirlingBlue

Re: Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Newcastle maybe looking less appealing now they’re not in Europe
Paddockoldie

At best he'll warm a seat at Newcastle. With us, if fit he starts.. depends whether he wants to play or be part of a bigger squad
Trowel

These don't feel like the words of a man expecting to leave

Cereal Killer

Trowel wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:37 pm These don't feel like the words of a man expecting to leave

The words of a man seeing out his contract
Cods

Quotes are from a fortnight ago.
Are we wedging him early doors?
Bluedylan1

Forgetting about us for a second, with all the hard graft he's put in, the injury battles, the different managers, the relegation threats, the off the pitch nastiness about his clothes and style, he probably deserves a nice move with a good payday playing for a club with better prospects and an idea of what they're doing.

I would like to keep him, but I wouldn't begrudge him moving for a second.
brap2

Bluedylan1 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 11:33 pm Forgetting about us for a second, with all the hard graft he's put in, the injury battles, the different managers, the relegation threats, the off the pitch nastiness about his clothes and style, he probably deserves a nice move with a good payday playing for a club with better prospects and an idea of what they're doing.

I would like to keep him, but I wouldn't begrudge him moving for a second.
Ones that don't turn on him when he gets injured, don't use homophobic slurs against him etc.

Will be sad to see him go but hard to imagine a world in which he isn't itching to get out the door.
Shogun

brap2 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 11:56 pm Ones that don't turn on him when he gets injured, don't use homophobic slurs against him etc.
He'd get this at any club unless he fancies a move to the MLS or something.
AllyBlue14

Yeah, sadly, as soon as a player shows any interest outside football, if they go through a rough patch people attribute it to being distracted and not focusing on their game etc.

When it's something like a minorly 'controversial' fashion choice (see also Beckham sarong), out come the knuckleheads and the criticism isn't just about a lack of focus, it then becomes homophobic too.

You'd have to hope DCL is aware that he's held in very high regard – personally and as a player - by an enormous majority of Everton fans, and it's just the very unfortunate troglodyte minority (as every club has) that pipe up when things are tough.
Cozzie

Audrey Horne

These are the things I hate.

I know I'm miserable but do we really need EVERY ANGLE of a goal that got us a Derby win for first time in 50 years??

🙄
Audrey Horne

It was amazing and I cried and it felt fucking brilliant but we move on....
Granite

Been offered a new deal by the club, apparently. Doesn’t say when. Hopefully he signs it and that’s one less thing to worry about this summer.
The Doc

I like these, I like the different angles that show players' reactions that you wouldn't normally be able to see.
eyesalwaysblue

Be good if he stayed but think he would already be gone a while back without injury, just the way it works, we have always sold our best for decades, in many cases briefing against them before doing so.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic