Our mate Rafa

Chat about football that isn't Everton in here
Shogun

Our mate Rafa

1-0 up again with Celta Vigo, this time at home to a struggling Sevilla.

Except they've once again had a man sent off and have just conceded to make it 1-1 with 5 minutes to go. 7 points from 12 matches and in the relegation zone as things stand. 6 points if Sevilla get a winner here.

Would be sad if he was sacked considering he's a world class manager.
Cozzie

Re: Our mate Rafa

Tell you what, to go from him, directly to Lampard and to still somehow contrive to not be relegated has to be one of the biggest achievements in football history.
Shogun

Just lost 4-3 at Bilbao. Conceded a last minute penalty. Were 2-1 up at one point.

Conceded late on loads this season. I'm sure nothing to do with his cowardly constantly on the back foot football.

8 points from 13 matches.
Shogun

Fair play, he's absolutely smashing it at Celta Vigo
Screenshot_20231212-030947.png
Screenshot_20231212-030947.png (182.48 KiB) Viewed 69695 times
CannockPricey

Imagine if they get round to sacking him and appoint Frank Lampard...
Shogun

He's lucky that the bottom of La Liga is even worse than the PL this season. 3 wins from 22 matches.

Sorry for the mail https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -quit.html

Rafa Benitez refuses to quit his role as Celta Vigo boss despite his side being dragged into a relegation fight as he tells fans he wants to turn things around

Rafa Benitez is under pressure as Celta Viga battle against relegation

He has promised to work hard to turn things around amid their poor form

Rafa Benitez has refused to quit his role as Celta Vigo boss despite a run of three consecutive defeats, with the Spanish side struggling this season.

A 1-0 defeat at home to league leaders Girona added further pressure on the former Liverpool and Newcastle boss.

Celta Vigo sit just one pooint off Cadiz in the relegation zone and have only won three times this season.

When asked about his future, Benitez rubbished talk that he could resign from his role.

Speaking to Diario AS, he said: ;What's up to me is to focus on how to get performance out of the team and that's what I'm focused on.

'I'm angry because we lost. I don't worry about the situation here.

'I've come to Celta for a three-year project. I'm a professional who works 12 hours a day, what I want is for this project to turn out well.'

He continued to tell his team that they must keep fighting if they are to avoid relegation from the Spanish top flight.

'All matches are to be played and to be won,' Benitez continued. 'There are some in which equality between the teams allows you to have more options.

'We have to be aware that the team has to keep fighting, maintain the structure and not collapse if we concede a goal. The team has shown that and that is the way.'

Celta Vigo have been ever-present in La Liga since 2012 but face the real possibility of a return to the second division for the first time in 12 years.

Benitez also saw his side knocked out of the Copa del Rey after a home defeat to Real Sociedad.

The focus will now be on ensuring that they keep their status in La Liga, with pressure mounting on the former Liverpool boss.
Bob Sacamano

He hasn’t quit because he’s a greedy twat.
Toffee1

Shogun

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Toffee1

He is so deluded that he will be secretly hoping that he will get a call from that lot across the park and his best mate Blagague will be writing about how poorly he has been treated etc....
Blueomar

Toffee1 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:44 pm He is so deluded that he will be secretly hoping that he will get a call from that lot across the park and his best mate Blagague will be writing about how poorly he has been treated etc....
Well, let’s hope he does!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic