Jack Harrison

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
brap2

Re: Jack Harrison

Yeah looked well up for it yesterday and was vital as an out all dribbling just to take a moment of pressure off. Worked very hard keeping tabs on Diaz as well who is a scary player.
Cods

The Doc wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:00 am His ball for the pen that VAR overuled was brilliant. Yeah he had a really good game and that's the player I remember from when we played Leeds.
That outside of the left is what someone like James Bullard might have called 'naughty', once upon a time.
UnsyisaRhino

Did his form dip when the team's did?

I feel like we can't rely on him to pull the team up when we're playing poorly, but when we play well we see a better side of him, even if playing well means we're camped in our own half.
AjaxAndy

Put in a massive shift yesterday but his quality on the ball for the most part was still very poor. I lost track of the number of poor passes he made.

The ball to DCL for the pen was sublime and his constant workrate was exceptional... But I think it was the kind of game that suits him and played to his strengths much in the same way it did for Godfrey and Young when he came on. Quality didn't matter too much, just run you socks off, make life hard for the opposition and try keep them out. He did all that brilliantly, but against Brentford I don't think he'll suddenly be great, it's a different kind of game and his lack of quality with the ball will again be exposed.
Gash

One swallow and all that, overall I don't think he's been that great all season. In our financial position he'd need to be really cheap to buy him and even at that I'm not sure it would be worth it.
StirlingBlue

Wouldn’t want to be buying him but it’s absolutely the type of deal we should doing more of, a solid loan
Jimmywhack

Worked hard, still a no for me
Champagne lifestyle, Lemonade wages
AjaxAndy

I'd have him as a squad player if we already had a good right winger and a good backup left winger... He'd be fine to bring in now and then when needed.

However we don't have any of those, and we don't have the funds to purchase them and Harrison too, so I'll thank him for his endeavours whilst here and wish him luck wherever he goes next.
Kerryblueboy

I wouldn’t buy him but can see dyche looking to make it permanent in the summer because he knows and sometimes trusts him
toffee_scot

No, however with him and Danjuma likely to return to parent clubs then this will leave us very light on the wings
Juanito

He’s a good option instead of McNeil on the left, or behind the striker but don’t think the right is his position. Ideally, we sign an actual right winger, an actual right back and an actual creative ish midfielder.
Shogun

Absolutely no way should we sign him permanently.
AjaxAndy

Shogun wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:27 pm Absolutely no way should we sign him permanently.
What about if it were for £5m and £50k a week wages?

Not that's I've seen that figure anywhere, just think as much as I don't want him here permanently there's probably a deal that would tempt me to be ok with doing so.
Shogun

AjaxAndy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:30 pm What about if it were for £5m and £50k a week wages?

Not that's I've seen that figure anywhere, just think as much as I don't want him here permanently there's probably a deal that would tempt me to be ok with doing so.
Honestly, no I wouldn't. It's not even that he's stunk the gaff out for months, you genuinely don't notice him on the pitch for much of the time and he's meant to be a main attacking threat. He seems a decent lad and obviously puts a shift in defensively but doesn't do anywhere near enough to be a winger in a PL team imo.
AjaxAndy

Shogun wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:34 pm Honestly, no I wouldn't. It's not even that he's stunk the gaff out for months, you genuinely don't notice him on the pitch for much of the time and he's meant to be a main attacking threat. He seems a decent lad and obviously puts a shift in defensively but doesn't do anywhere near enough to be a winger in a PL team imo.
I think I'd have him for that tbh, but only if it freed up funds to sign a first choice RW.

You pay £5m for a loan player these days and we desperately need bodies.

He is crap though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic