England National Team

Chat about football that isn't Everton in here
Cereal Killer

England National Team

After two years of almost pointless qualifiers and nations league games, it’s almost time for an actual tournament!

We know Southgate will probably pick a massively unbalanced side with 4 right backs and Jordan Henderson and blab on about versatility and experience… but it’s a squad of 26, we’re likely just do 4-2-3-1, so I’ve picked my starting eleven, reserve eleven and back-ups. Depth is an issue in lots of areas so let’s hope for some luck with injuries!

Pickford
Walker Stones Branthwaite Chilwell
Rice Bellingham
Saka Foden Gordon
Kane

Pope
James Guehi? Maguire Shaw
Mainoo Gallagher
Sancho Palmer Grealish
Watkins

Ramsdale
Konsa
Bowen
Solanke

GK - Ramsdale has barely played, and been shit when he has. Pope has barely played due to injury. Henderson a possibility, hopefully doesn’t matter if Pickford plays every game

DEF - Shaw has been injured but prefer actual left backs to play at left back and not Trippier/Gomez. James over Alexander Arnold who still can’t defend and isn’t a fucking number 10. Stuck Guehi down as can’t really think of another CB, Tomori? Let’s not take Lewis Dunk

MID - no way should Henderson or Phillips be involved. Not a fan of Gallagher particularly but he runs around a lot and there’s not much else to pick from. Sancho to give a bit more directness and he’s done alright at Dortmund. Bowen over Rashford? Maybe 🤷‍♂️

STR - Kane and Watkins probably guaranteed, Solanke slight edge over Wilson who always seems to get an injury, Toney who’s been shit now he can’t gamble, and DCL who isn’t quite back to where he was

Reckon starting eleven could give anyone a game, could they win? Hopefully!
Shogun

Re: England National Team

He doesn't deserve it but I'll be surprised if Rashford doesn't go
cassius

I would love it if Eze made the squad, he brings me more joy to watch than anyone else at the moment.
Cereal Killer

cassius wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:54 am I would love it if Eze made the squad, he brings me more joy to watch than anyone else at the moment.
Oooo good call, stick him instead of Sancho!
Toffee1

weimaranerblues

Toffee1 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:40 am
Yeah and Curtis Jones picked as his replacement.

Can't wait to laugh at this squad.
Toffee1

weimaranerblues wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:48 am Yeah and Curtis Jones picked as his replacement.

Can't wait to laugh at this squad.
There will be some in their deluded fan base who will think that Jones should be in the squad.
Sir Stealth

Some England squad chat with deluded kopite in work led to a few classics

“I’d leave Pickford out of the squad cos he makes too many mistakes”

“Harvey Elliott should pretty much be first name on the team sheet given how good he’s been this season”

“Joe Gomez and Tomori should be the first choice centre back pairing but Southgate seems to be the only one who doesn’t see that”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
weimaranerblues

Loads of shite going round as usual, no rashford, Madison, Grealish , Toney

Eze , Wharton , IN

Fuck Quensah reportedly in
Toffee1

Toffee1 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:00 am There will be some in their deluded fan base who will think that Jones should be in the squad.

What do I know - looks like Jones will be in the squad.
TheRam

Can these journos really not wait for it to get announced instead of drip feeding who’s in and who’s out.

Ruins the whole thing.
Goaljira

Which one is Curtis Jones, and which one is Harvey Elliot?
weimaranerblues

TheRam wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:42 am Can these journos really not wait for it to get announced instead of drip feeding who’s in and who’s out.

Ruins the whole thing.
Spoilt the whole thing,
Players IN: Crystal Palace quartet Eze, Guehi, Henderson and Wharton; Chelsea's Colwill; Manchester United's Mainoo, Brentford's Toney, West Ham's Bowen, Everton's Branthwaite, Liverpool's Quansah and Jones, Burnley's Trafford

Lucky if they get 20 mins between then.
Bluedylan1

Pretty good squad. Props to Southgate for binning some of the old guard and picking talent, youth and form,
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic