Mykolenko

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
AjaxAndy

Re: Vitaliy Mykolenko

Thought he was outstanding today again defensively... That block at the end was pure determination to not concede, and that really sums him up as a player. Always gives 100% and totally dependable.
Cozzie

Thought he absolutely rocked the head bandage too.
Kerryblueboy

Great player very consistent and great defender
777Kidnappings

Is he player of the season?? Been brilliant
brap2

Mykolenko

What a revelation this fella has been.

Have to hold my hands up, I was 100% ready to cut and run. Did not see it at all, but he's become a very good lockout full back, doesn't disgrace himself on the ball, and it feels like there's more to come.

An easy name on the teamsheet every week, well in Mykolenko.

TheRam

Re: Mykolenko

Must be one of the very best full backs in the league defensively.

I think he’s better on the ball than he allows himself to be and hopefully we start to see it more.

Player of the season.
Cozzie

The turn around for him has been amazing.

Defensively you just don't do him.
Gash

I felt the stick he got was over the top, he was always decent defensively but took a bit if time to adapt. Coupled with everything going on the Ukraine he had a lot on his mind when he first came and also a couple of injuries didn't help. It was a bit frustrating that he didn't get forward more often, he's got a great cross on him but his getting forward more now.
Mouse

Gash wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:49 am I felt the stick he got was over the top, he was always decent defensively but took a bit if time to adapt. Coupled with everything going on the Ukraine he had a lot on his mind when he first came and also a couple of injuries didn't help. It was a bit frustrating that he didn't get forward more often, he's got a great cross on him but his getting forward more now.
I disagree only on that I'm sure he stunk the ace out defensively in a few games last season. I'd always give him the benefit of the doubt because who knows what affect having your friends and family facing war can have on anyone.

This season he's been a revelation though. Easily the most improved player we have and now there is no question who js first choice LB. Trying to think of the last player to make such a dramatic improvement, maybe Naismith? Anyway, I hope the improvement is indicative of Dyche developing a player (that would bode well!) and that he now believes those near to him are beyond harm.
NickNack

I think sometimes we (meaning football supporters generally not just Evertonians) can be too quick to write players off

In our case the same could maybe be said for Garner & Beto (fingers & legs crossed)

Made up for Myko though
Kerryblueboy

It’s a real pity that dyche doesn’t give Patterson the same run in the team to establish himself
Bob Sacamano

Remember those vids of him as a teenager? He was a flying fullback and complimented for his work at the sharp end of the pitch iirc.
Shogun

He's a good defender. He's no Baines or Digne but then if Hibbert and Neville were his comparison points then he'd have probably had a much easier time.
Gash

Kerryblueboy wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:54 pm It’s a real pity that dyche doesn’t give Patterson the same run in the team to establish himself
I think even with Myko, Dyche only gave him a chance because Young got injured/suspended and he had to play him. I don't think he rates Patterson and would rather play experience over youth, which is a shame really, he's another player who's been needed in the squad so can't be sent on loan but now finds himself being forth choice because Godfrey can run faster.
Trowel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic