Cozzie

Re: Amadou Onana

Good old Lewis Wareington.
Bob Sacamano

I hate Everton Twitter
Kerryblueboy

Promoting a kid but not being able to spell his name 😂😂 some of our supporters are embarrassing
Jamokachi

Bob Sacamano wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:27 am I hate Everton Twitter
There's a guy on there called LeeEFC or something... would genuinely love to chin him.

If it's one of you lot on here, I hope you step in dog shit, every day for the rest of your life.
TheRam

Jamokachi wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:00 am There's a guy on there called LeeEFC or something... would genuinely love to chin him.

If it's one of you lot on here, I hope you step in dog shit, every day for the rest of your life.
I know who you mean and feel exactly the same way about them.

Attention seeking whopper. Most of them are to be fair but he’s something else.
Audrey Horne

Jamokachi wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:00 am There's a guy on there called LeeEFC or something... would genuinely love to chin him.

share!
dsaund

Jamokachi wrote: There's a guy on there called LeeEFC or something... would genuinely love to chin him.

I feel like the 6-0 loss was a karmic reaction to how much they went on about the Atalanta and Palace victories. Embarrassing
brap2

Needs to pull his finger out imo
AjaxAndy

You can use any stat to try and prove a point though. Puts in the odd good slidey, and in general mops up reasonably well, but his overall impact on the game has been pretty poor apart from the odd spell where he'll suddenly come to life during a match.

People like to say 'well he's better than Garner' which he obviously is, and cost 3x the price to boot... But would anyone really say he's been a key player for us?

I'd say Tarks, Pickford, Branthwaite, McNeil, Doucoure, Gana and possibly Mykolenko have all played a bigger more important role that Onana since he signed.

I don't actively dislike Onana, I just look at him and think he's got an enormous amount of ability but we only see it in very limited spells and those have become less frequent as the season has progressed.

I also think when he's not in the team we lose the ability to pass out from the back because he's able to receive and recycle in the DM position. He's very comfortable doing that because of his technical ability, but also he pretty much never produces a forward pass that affects the game.

He's a bit of an enigma, and when he leaves in the summer if he makes the right transfer I believe he'll become an elite player, but I won't really miss him or what he brings to the team at the same time.
brap2

AjaxAndy wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:28 am but also he pretty much never produces a forward pass that affects the game.
AjaxAndy

brap2 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:41 am
Now you'll notice that I used 'pretty much' not 'never', so yes we'll done for finding an effective forward pass to try and disprove I point I wasn't even making 🙄
TheRam

I think it’s reasonable for people to think he could have showed a lot more for us during his time here.

Seems like a lot of people are in two camps of “he’s great, it’s all dyches fault”, or “he’s rubbish”

The truth is he’s a very good young player with high potential who has probably struggled to impose himself and show what he can offer on a consistent basis.

It’s a mixture of still developing and not quite committing himself to the cause.

We’re a better team without him and that’s a poor reflection on him.
brap2

AjaxAndy wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:45 am Now you'll notice that I used 'pretty much' not 'never', so yes we'll done for finding an effective forward pass to try and disprove I point I wasn't even making 🙄
You can prove anything with video evidence!
Bluedylan1

For me, he's an excellent player who plays with quite a languid style that some people mistake for not trying or not giving a shit. But he's actually hugely effective defensively, and has a nice range of passing from deeper areas.

I think a lot of Everton twitter in particular was hugely pissed off with his penalty miss in the cup, and I think because it's been relatively obvious that he was never going to stay with us for too long for financial reasons, it's made it very easy for a lot of people to not be attached to him as an Everton player and even to scapegoat him at times
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic