David Moyes

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
The Doc

Re: David Moyes

Hypothetically I'd have Moyes over Dyche, but it's moot until the club ownership and board are sorted out.

I wonder how he'd do as a DoF. Not suggesting we go for that in the slightest, we tried to make Walsh a DoF, what a clueless board we had. But it'd be interesting to see if Moyes would succeed as one somewhere because he steered us in the right direction with 2 pounds a month revenue.
CannockPricey

Trowel wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:26 pm Sacking Frank Lampard and his team cost us £7.1 million. Benitez and his team cost us £10.5 million.

Dyche does not get the heart racing, but should see us safe. Sacking him while we are in the worst possible financial situation would be utter utter madness.

The £7.1m to get rid of Lampard and his staff was probably the best £7.1m the club has spent in the entire Moshiri era. Great value. Unfortunately it was brought about by their decision to appoint him so that knocks a bit of the gloss off.

I don't think Dyche is a managerial genius and he isn't my dream Everton manager but he has done pretty decent given the mess he inherited and the deductions thrown at him and I have an overwhelming fear brought on by bitter experience, he'd be replaced with worse.
MmmBlueBranthwaite

The Doc wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:41 am Hypothetically I'd have Moyes over Dyche, but it's moot until the club ownership and board are sorted out.

I wonder how he'd do as a DoF. Not suggesting we go for that in the slightest, we tried to make Walsh a DoF, what a clueless board we had. But it'd be interesting to see if Moyes would succeed as one somewhere because he steered us in the right direction with 2 pounds a month revenue.
I’m more keen on the idea of Moyes as DoF than manager.

He’s seems to be good as understanding and appreciating the bigger picture as well as unearthing some gems. I’m not sure what kind of manager he’d neatly dovetail with though to give us the complete on and off field package.
Farming karma like the Dalai Llama
Bluebridge

MmmBlueBranthwaite wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:55 pm I’m more keen on the idea of Moyes as DoF than manager.

He’s seems to be good as understanding and appreciating the bigger picture as well as unearthing some gems. I’m not sure what kind of manager he’d neatly dovetail with though to give us the complete on and off field package.
Old Bobby Brown shoes perhaps 🤔
777Kidnappings

Bluebridge wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:13 pm Old Bobby Brown shoes perhaps 🤔
Jesus christ!! Fucking hate martinez
MmmBlueBranthwaite

Bluebridge wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:13 pm Old Bobby Brown shoes perhaps 🤔
Id have him as scout/loan manager
Farming karma like the Dalai Llama
superpull

To be fair, the OP of this latest round of discussion mentioned Moyes being DoF if he wants to step away from coaching.
Trowel

Shogun

If Bill was still alive then I'd say this was 100% nailed on.
bigmanbob

Is he my preferred choice, no. Is he better than Dyche. 100% yes
TheRam

We’d still be moaning about the same things hunts if moyes was here.

West Ham are one of the most negative, passive teams in the league being propped up by a very good group of attacking players which we don’t have here.
Shogun

Dyche football has been so bad to watch that it's brought me around to David Moyes coming back.
Bluedylan1

Moyes would be massively preferable to Dyche for me. Has a proven record of operating on very tight budgets, when he's had to.

Yes, it would be quite functional and uninspiring, but I do think Moyes could do a couple of steady years for us, correcting some of the financial issues and running a tight operation, while not making me wanting to claw my eyes out every week.

Not sure he'd want to come, but if he did, I'd be definitely up for that.
brap2

Do slightly still love Moyes but are we not kinda swapping like for like here?

Priority is surely...survive long enough and cheap enough to pay for the stadium and get to square one.

Unless dyche is genuinely gonna take us down and Moyes is not (?) then dyche is probably the cheaper option to do that.
AllyBlue14

I think the Ancelotti appointment was a sliding doors moment for us – as delighted as I/most of us were at the time, it was almost inevitable he'd jib us when a CL fluttered their eyelashes.

Taking Moyes then would've have been nearly as glamorous, but it would almost certainly have spared us the Benítez and Lampard disappointments, and Dyche (for some), who has done well - despite the turgid football - to regain some control of the ship.

I think Moyes has a soft spot for us and I'd have him back in a heartbeat. But equally, if Dyche were to keep us up, it'd be harsh to get rid given the appalling circumstances he's had to work through.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic