Dyche

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Paddockoldie

Re: Dyche

MayorFarnham wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:14 am Nothing about us resembles anything Liverpool are capable of doing.
I agree, but Amiron is unknown in this league, as with Alonso... there are good ones out there, but we're not exactly an attractive option
NickNack

StirlingBlue wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:15 am I think people are overstating how poor our squad is.

Burnley, Luton and Sheffield United (and probably Forest tbh) would snatch your hand off for this squad so of course we should be finishing above them.

I’ll give Dyche no end of credit for holding it together through the points deductions and ownership fiasco but as a pure manager he’s achieved about par with the squad he was given IMO.
All those teams are almost certainly going to be relegated. How many of our squad do you reckon would get into most of the teams above us regularly?

Pickford, Branthwaite maybe Onana & Myko would be - not sure many others would be regular starters
Gary1878

777Kidnappings wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:32 am We all want improvement but we are probably going to sell our 2 most valuable players and try and replace them with maybe a fifth of the money.
Our realistic targets for the next couple of seasons at least has to be to improve the finances while desperately trying to not go down
If sold both Jarrad and Onana, then yes you are right, that's a really difficult ask. But I would be very surprised if we sold Jarrad in the summer given how absolutely integral he is to us, unless a £90m-£100m bid comes in - and he probably isn't on a massive wage.

Onana will be first on the list to be sold as he has a good sell on value and I do think he has a lot of quality, but he won't be a massive loss for us in terms of the way we play.
AjaxAndy

Gary1878 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:16 pm If sold both Jarrad and Onana, then yes you are right, that's a really difficult ask. But I would be very surprised if we sold Jarrad in the summer given how absolutely integral he is to us, unless a £90m-£100m bid comes in - and he probably isn't on a massive wage.

Onana will be first on the list to be sold as he has a good sell on value and I do think he has a lot of quality, but he won't be a massive loss for us in terms of the way we play.
I think the opposite is more likely tbh, you have to remember from PSR point of view £85m for Branthwaite is all profit.

If we sold Onana for £60m we'd be getting a return of approx £56m after we pay his 15% of profit sell on fee... Leaving us with about £20m of PSR profit.

So if you sell one you absolutely sell Branthwaite as it satisfies PSR in a much greater way.
MayorFarnham

We're going to have to improve Branthwaite's contract if there is serious interest in him from top clubs.
Gash

MayorFarnham wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:38 pm We're going to have to improve Branthwaite's contract if there is serious interest in him from top clubs.
He just signed an improved deal in the summer.
StirlingBlue

NickNack wrote: All those teams are almost certainly going to be relegated. How many of our squad do you reckon would get into most of the teams above us regularly?

Pickford, Branthwaite maybe Onana & Myko would be - not sure many others would be regular starters
That’s the point though, it’s not a big achievement finishing above them as based on the squads that’s about where we should be.

We likely finish on about 40-42 points without including deductions, that’s not exactly overachieveing with this squad

Also, Tarks is a very solid centre back and teams as high as mid table would be fine with him.
777Kidnappings

StirlingBlue wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:50 pm That’s the point though, it’s not a big achievement finishing above them as based on the squads that’s about where we should be.

We likely finish on about 40-42 points without including deductions, that’s not exactly overachieveing with this squad

Also, Tarks is a very solid centre back and teams as high as mid table would be fine with him.

We've got some good players but we've also got some awful 1s. Then on top of that the balance is still completely off. No pace. No goalscorer. All our central midfielders seem of a type. I don't think we really have a squad you can make a functioning team out of.
Cantoffee

I'd say our spine is stronger than most down around us.

Pickford, Branthwaite, Tarkowski make the best group in probably the bottom half. Gana, Onana, Garner is not great but probably equal to or better than those around us.

Everywhere else though you'd take Forest's players over ours. Better fullbacks, better wingers, better strikers, better attacking midfielders.

I'm not sure we're actually much better than them, but I think in those key positions that help you grind out points we are better.

Lose Branthwaite, Onana, Gana this summer and we'll have work to do to replace them. Could be in big trouble.
StirlingBlue

Cantoffee wrote:I'd say our spine is stronger than most down around us.

Pickford, Branthwaite, Tarkowski make the best group in probably the bottom half. Gana, Onana, Garner is not great but probably equal to or better than those around us.

Everywhere else though you'd take Forest's players over ours. Better fullbacks, better wingers, better strikers, better attacking midfielders.

I'm not sure we're actually much better than them, but I think in those key positions that help you grind out points we are better.

Lose Branthwaite, Onana, Gana this summer and we'll have work to do to replace them. Could be in big trouble.
Not sure many of those teams would pick their own forwards over DCL and Beto?
Cantoffee

StirlingBlue wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:00 pm Not sure many of those teams would pick their own forwards over DCL and Beto?
Forest would. Awoniyi and Wood over them surely. Luton might even take Adebayo and Morris over them.

DCL can be a good striker but he's been poor this season and Beto is awful.
AjaxAndy

Yeah a fit DCL walks in to almost every bottom half team's lineup, but he's been playing within himself all season and has been poor.

If any team wishes they had Beto then they could just grab a Labrador or Spaniel off the street and chuck it on for the last 20 minutes and get the same chasing the ball and knocking people over performance.
Bluedylan1

Right - give him a new 5 year deal. And give him the keys to the city.

All is forgiven.
Cods

Dyche out!
NickNack

Fucking tactical genius

Binning the shirt & tie for a tracky I mean
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic