Dyche

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
blueforyou

Re: Dyche

Champions league, my 5 year plan
777Kidnappings

Gary1878 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:22 am Lets be real here. Dyche looks to have achieved the main goal of keeping us in the league, and if it wasn't for the points deductions, it would have been done and dusted by now. Fair play to him for that, and he does deserve a lot of credit for the way he has just got on with it with all of the rubbish he has had to deal with.

But who is actually enjoying watching us? You know that when you go to the game, you will be lucky to see a win, and you know that you might score a goal or two. But the football surrounding that has been diabolical in 2024 (latter half of the season).

Our last 2 wins against Burnley and Forest were poor performances. And then we hadn't won for goodness knows how many games before that. And sandwiched in between Burnley and Forest was a disastrous performance against Chelsea, genuinely about as bad as we have ever played.

I would still consider us to be in a pretty poor vein of form, despite those two wins. This is by far the worst bottom 3 we have had in the league for a long time, with Forest also a poor side. Only getting two wins from both of those sides at home out of a possible dozen plus games is not an achievement.

So whilst I really do applaud Sean Dyche for what he has done in terms of trying to keep us in the league in the midst of a shit show of a football club, there is definitely a lot of room for improvement to keep fans onboard.

If we are saying burnley and forest are lucky wins then we need to give him some credit for when we were unlucky in that awful run. Can't really have it both ways especially as we haven't had a lucky season

No one enjoys watching us but I think that would be the case for about half the teams at a minimum and we have less hope and or novelty value than the other 19

Think plenty of room for improvement isn't realistic. We are going to sell at least 2 players this summer and be desperately trying to survive.

Our football would be so much better if we had quick players in Wide positions but we can probably afford this years ashley young
Gash

You've a very short memory if you think this is the worst football known to man, Allardyce, Benitez and Lampard could easily lay claim to that.
TheRam

It’s been said about every manager we’ve had.

Even moyes got that treatment at times.

It’s nowhere near as bad as Allardyce or Rafa, and it’s levels above anything lampard produced.

I’ve not see anything from Dyche that I haven’t seen before.
AjaxAndy

Footy at the bottom will always be shit anyway regardless of who's manager... Unless you want to go down the Kompany route of trying to play good footy with shit players and sticking to it even though it means you're definitely getting relegated.

You don't win pretty in relegation fights, there's too many nerves and other factors that lead to attritional football. People complain about the Burnley and Forest performances but we won and neither of those teams played well either... It's life at the bottom, grind it out and just try and get whatever points you can.

I think to a supporter we all want to see better football, but next season will be even worse than this one most likely... We'll have a minimum of one points deduction, and we need to rebuild with cheap, free or loan players to both replace actual quality players and create squad depth.

Give me 40 points before deductions and hard to watch footy and I'd say that's beyond a realistic expectation.

People are asking for Moyes back because they think he'd get us around 40 points playing drab footy, so if Dyche can do the same I'm not really sure why there's a desire to replace one with the other.
NickNack

Gary1878 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:22 am Lets be real here. Dyche looks to have achieved the main goal of keeping us in the league, and if it wasn't for the points deductions, it would have been done and dusted by now. Fair play to him for that, and he does deserve a lot of credit for the way he has just got on with it with all of the rubbish he has had to deal with.

But who is actually enjoying watching us? You know that when you go to the game, you will be lucky to see a win, and you know that you might score a goal or two. But the football surrounding that has been diabolical in 2024 (latter half of the season).

Our last 2 wins against Burnley and Forest were poor performances. And then we hadn't won for goodness knows how many games before that. And sandwiched in between Burnley and Forest was a disastrous performance against Chelsea, genuinely about as bad as we have ever played.

I would still consider us to be in a pretty poor vein of form, despite those two wins. This is by far the worst bottom 3 we have had in the league for a long time, with Forest also a poor side. Only getting two wins from both of those sides at home out of a possible dozen plus games is not an achievement.

So whilst I really do applaud Sean Dyche for what he has done in terms of trying to keep us in the league in the midst of a shit show of a football club, there is definitely a lot of room for improvement to keep fans onboard.
Overall I’ve not enjoyed watching us since the first part of Ancelotti’s season. Before that probably Martinez’ first season. We’ve been poor for a long time before Dyche.

The football is at times unwatchable, can’t see it being any different whoever is in charge. Until finances start to pick up - if they ever do - the manager whoever he is has to keep us in the PL - however he achieves it. Dyche has (almost) proved he can, not sure I have faith in anyone at the club to appoint someone else capable.
StirlingBlue

I think people are overstating how poor our squad is.

Burnley, Luton and Sheffield United (and probably Forest tbh) would snatch your hand off for this squad so of course we should be finishing above them.

I’ll give Dyche no end of credit for holding it together through the points deductions and ownership fiasco but as a pure manager he’s achieved about par with the squad he was given IMO.
Kerryblueboy

Gone in the summer hopefully
MayorFarnham

I think people overestimate how much improvement is possible in our current situation.
Another sacking will still see us recruiting from a small pond. A throw of the dice on someone not proven in this league could be the final nail.
Paddockoldie

MayorFarnham wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:43 am I think people overestimate how much improvement is possible in our current situation.
Another sacking will still see us recruiting from a small pond. A throw of the dice on someone not proven in this league could be the final nail.
Liverpool seem okay with doing just that. .
AjaxAndy

StirlingBlue wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:15 am I think people are overstating how poor our squad is.

Burnley, Luton and Sheffield United (and probably Forest tbh) would snatch your hand off for this squad so of course we should be finishing above them.

I’ll give Dyche no end of credit for holding it together through the points deductions and ownership fiasco but as a pure manager he’s achieved about par with the squad he was given IMO.
I think 40+ points despite all the negative influence points deductions and subsequent relegation battles bring is probably above par for me tbh.

I'd say looking at this squad around 40 points is ok, but also with being mindful that it's worse than other squads we've had that have achieved less with better players.

What's been below par is the lack of goals and our over reliance on set pieces and worldies, and how that's not sustainable.

So if we wish to stay up next season (presuming we do this year) that's the biggest question mark surrounding him for me. Not the style of play (although that's a key part), but the uncertainty whether he's capable of finding a more sustainable way of winning matches.
MayorFarnham

Paddockoldie wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:54 am Liverpool seem okay with doing just that. .
Nothing about us resembles anything Liverpool are capable of doing.
Gary1878

There is a big difference between wanting Dyche sacked and asking for improvement from the squad and the manager.

If we remain in the PL, you cannot argue that he hasn't achieved his primary goal. It will also be his main goal next season, and the one after that.

But why does that negate the need for improvement in all areas? If you don't try and improve, by default you move backwards, because every other team around you is improving.
777Kidnappings

Gary1878 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:20 am There is a big difference between wanting Dyche sacked and asking for improvement from the squad and the manager.

If we remain in the PL, you cannot argue that he hasn't achieved his primary goal. It will also be his main goal next season, and the one after that.

But why does that negate the need for improvement in all areas? If you don't try and improve, by default you move backwards, because every other team around you is improving.

We all want improvement but we are probably going to sell our 2 most valuable players and try and replace them with maybe a fifth of the money.
Our realistic targets for the next couple of seasons at least has to be to improve the finances while desperately trying to not go down
AndSeel

I think the club will keep him around with the big player turnover i doubt they want a big staff turnover too. Keep us in the league another year and get to the Stadium.

Sent from my SM-G977B using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic