Andre Gomes

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
blueforyou

Re: Andre Gomes

What I was expecting when he signed - but too late the hero
brap2

Was nice to have someone in there who can pass a ball a bit.

Everyone's fave Duracell bunny getting away with murder on the ball all year for me.
eyesalwaysblue

Love the swing
4evablu

Frustrates the crap outta me great on the ball sees the pass can work hard when he wants to and links the play…today being the perfect example. Where’s that player been when we needed him ?
Come on Andre keep turning it on for us you could be the catalyst we need.
Last edited by 4evablu on Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
WBFBTPL
Toshyboy

As great as our midfielders have been this season, they aren’t really ball players, so he’s got a role to play. I think Dyche has got him fitter then we’ve ever seen him before integrating him, so be an interesting few weeks ahead for him
Kerryblueboy

He is head and shoulders above every midfielder we have based on ability it’s tying actual work onto it is the key
OldEnglandToffee

Kerryblueboy wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:17 pm He is head and shoulders above every midfielder we have based on ability it’s tying actual work onto it is the key
was that a christmas shampoo joke there
howard1334

Kerryblueboy wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:17 pm He is head and shoulders above every midfielder we have based on ability it’s tying actual work onto it is the key
I dont think his workrate is really the problem. He just shouldn't be part of a double pivot. The most advanced of three CMs is where he belongs.
Toddacelli

It’s a rare type of footballer that has ‘first game syndrome’ where they play amazing in their first game and then rapidly drop off to nothing. It’s an even rarer player still who has first game syndrome then is out injured for so long that it kicks back in on his return to football with the same club.

Still, found this pic amusing this morning. Some people’s heads will fall off no doubt.

Edit: file too big to attach. Tried to insert link in Image any help?
brap2

Think it's quite a common effect.

You often find young players play above their level if they're dropped in to a side, adrenaline has them 100% focused and running through brick walls with a bit of impudence on the ball in regards to what they should or shouldn't try. Then before long they find a level.

That's how someone like Brandon what's his name can be a first team right back for a good period at a club like united then before long end up circling the champ.
brap2

Long may it continue

Shogun

The pass to Harrison was truly excellent
sam of the south

Yeah, he was way better than he usually is
eyesalwaysblue

sam of the south wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:16 pm Yeah, he was way better than he usually is
A true Christmas dog in a manger :mrgreen:
howard1334

kramer wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:53 pm He can do a job roaming behind the forward.

That was his role during the one good Valencia season he’s been trading off for basically his entire career.

Use when needed but do not renew his contract under any circumstances.
I know you are not at all a fan but even you must admit that he was excellent on saturday?

Don't disagree with your cmts, to be clear. Absolutely should not be renewing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic