January Transfer Window

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
brap2

Re: January Transfer Window

Now Ross Barkley, that would be talking.

In the ten? Ross Barkley? Yes yes yes.
Sirblue57

No...in fact...FUCK NO!!!
Cereal Killer

Sirblue57 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:39 pm No...in fact...FUCK NO!!!
But but but he’s managed to look occasionally decent in a dog shit team!!
AjaxAndy

brap2 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:00 pm Now Ross Barkley, that would be talking.

In the ten? Ross Barkley? Yes yes yes.
Ross Barkley? No and add another ten to that.

Then add another ten and multiply by infinity.

As bad a shout as when people were advocating bringing Bobby Brown Shoes back.
Bluedylan1

He has had an excellent season though. I feel like whenever I've seen him for Luton he's been playing as a deep-lying playmaker rather than a no. 10.

I've wondered about taking him back as well. Possibly gets on the ball a bit too much for a Dyche team though, and is he disciplined enough without the ball?
AjaxAndy

Bluedylan1 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:32 pm He has had an excellent season though. I feel like whenever I've seen him for Luton he's been playing as a deep-lying playmaker rather than a no. 10.

I've wondered about taking him back as well. Possibly gets on the ball a bit too much for a Dyche team though, and is he disciplined enough without the ball?
Oh yeah no doubt he's been decent for Luton by all accounts, but his attitude, his past with us, and his general development and form over the last god knows how many years all adds up to a massive swerve.

If you're bringing in Ross Barkley to solve your problems, then your problems are beyond solving.
Kerryblueboy

Fuck Barkley cost us a fortune the prick floating around for 4/5 years doing nothing steer well clear
Bluedylan1

AjaxAndy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:36 pm Oh yeah no doubt he's been decent for Luton by all accounts, but his attitude, his past with us, and his general development and form over the last god knows how many years all adds up to a massive swerve.

If you're bringing in Ross Barkley to solve your problems, then your problems are beyond solving.
Yeah I understand and probably share most of the objections.

Not to turn this into an agenda, but from a purely footballing POV, forgetting all the history etc, he'd put someone like Wee Jimmy Garner to shame.
AjaxAndy

Bluedylan1 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:46 pm Yeah I understand and probably share most of the objections.

Not to turn this into an agenda, but from a purely footballing POV, forgetting all the history etc, he'd put someone like Wee Jimmy Garner to shame.
On the ball no arguments... Would he work hard like Garner? .mind it's probably not one or the other as they provide very different skill sets.

If you put Barkley in your team you allow him almost zero defensive responsibilities even if playing deeper, and Dyche would never allow that.

I get what you're saying though, in terms of pure footballing ability there's little contest.
Audrey Horne

It's incredible to think that 4 games playing well has resulted in fans wanting him back.

He has been horrendous for years now. Hasn't been able to get in many teams at different clubs. Awful attitude etc

Baffling that minds can change so quickly, especially from those who i think have v good football insight (Brap & BD!)
brap2

Come home son
Shogun

Get him back in Liverpool with his gangster mates.
Cozzie

Haha.
74Blue

Trowel wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:49 pm Pinch of salt - it's a good Arsenal account, but am unsure about any track record of decent connections/sources
Conditions are simple, throw an absolute fucking bucket load of millions our way and you can have him. It's not rocket science!
OldEnglandToffee

AjaxAndy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:14 pm Ross Barkley? No and add another ten to that.

Then add another ten
Rooney. Klassen. Gylfi?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic