January Transfer Window

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Cozzie

Re: January Transfer Window

Shouldn't be a debate in my opinion.

He's 30 now and still only showing form in purple patches, like he did with us, zero consistency.

Swerve.
Gash

Think people get a bit selective when it comes to Barkley and have visions of those driving runs he did like it was a regular occurance, he did it about twice a season. Saw a cleverly edited montage from a game this season, might have been on here but it cut most clips short and moved to the next so that you didn't see the pass go out for a throw in or find an opposition player or miss it's target, looked good first time though.

Ultimately he's been playing about 14 years, was the next big thing both for us and England, had all the ability under the sun yet finds himself the main man at one of the worst teams to play in the PL and that's only because he was free. I've no issue with how he left it's in the past now, he just doesn't do what people think he does on a regular basis, if he did he wouldn't be at Luton. It's all very rose tinted at times when it comes to Barkely. I don't know why we bother (myself included) having this debate every window, it's like Moyes every time we need another manager.
777Kidnappings

Don't think anyone is in love with the idea of barkley. More that he's free (I think) and we have very limited funds and a tiny squad
TheRam

He’s 30 and has a lot of injuries.

Happy for him but no thanks.
brap2

For me it's that he is 30 yep, but has finally got out of the big club loan cycle, and is now just being a fantastic football player.

He's currently one of the best midfielders in the prem, next time you get a chance to watch Luton watch him.

Walks into this this side backwards. Would be delighted to watch him play football again.
Shogun

Personally, think you're deluded if you think Sean Dyche is playing Ross Barkley as a deep laying midfielder.
brap2

Nah Doucs option.

Be a terrific number 10, drop into the 8 in defensive phases.

Not happening anyway, as said above there's a million reasons why not.
Kerryblueboy

First iwobi now Barkley are you on the wind up
Audrey Horne

Fantastic football player 😂
TheRam

He is.

He’s been brilliant this season.

Just hasn’t showed it enough over his career.
Cereal Killer

Certainly gave the mighty Bolton a good going over today
Gash

If anything what he's doing this season adds to the reasons not sign him. He's done this all career, have a bit of a purple patch then go back to treating the ball like a hot potato and can't get rid of it quick enough. This season is perfect example of Ross Barkley's career.
OldEnglandToffee

Gash wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:14 pm Think people get a bit selective when it comes to Barkley and have visions of those driving runs he did like it was a regular occurance, he did it about twice a season. Saw a cleverly edited montage from a game this season, might have been on here but it cut most clips short and moved to the next so that you didn't see the pass go out for a throw in or find an opposition player or miss it's target, looked good first time though.

Ultimately he's been playing about 14 years, was the next big thing both for us and England, had all the ability under the sun yet finds himself the main man at one of the worst teams to play in the PL and that's only because he was free. I've no issue with how he left it's in the past now, he just doesn't do what people think he does on a regular basis, if he did he wouldn't be at Luton. It's all very rose tinted at times when it comes to Barkely. I don't know why we bother (myself included) having this debate every window, it's like Moyes every time we need another manager.
I think that game was the Arsenal game. Randomly I watched that. It wasn’t flattering that reel. He was fantastic, pases touches movement, barely put a foot wrong. Not saying we should resign him. But happy to see him play like that.
brap2

Hey just an idea! He probably doesn't win enough headers for dyche anyway
Free Agent

Not many players do. Dyche sets high standards for headers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic